Personal Assistant/Management Secretary
Malvern Hills District Council is a great place to work, with high levels of resident satisfaction and motivated staff who enjoy working with us. Located in South Worcestershire the district boasts a beautiful natural environment, a rich heritage and plenty to do and see. Malvern Hills District is also ranked in the top 20 best rural places to live in the UK.
We pride ourselves on being a progressive organisation who spends our time and energy on what we know matters to our residents and communities – things like creating jobs, keeping the streets clean, helping people feel safe and preventing homelessness.
Our staff are at the heart of what we do, and as a result we are always looking to recruit, develop and retain the very best talent we can find. That's why, as well as a satisfying job, we offer a range of attractive benefits, such as flexible working arrangements, generous holiday entitlements, a pension scheme, plenty of opportunities for personal development, and discounted gym membership.
We share a Chief Executive and a joint management team with Wychavon District Council. Whilst they retain their own political structures and distinct identities, the joint management structure allows us to maximise the opportunity to deliver a wide range of good value services to our customers and communities, and operate and develop shared services and partnership arrangements with each other and with other councils.
Due to an internal promotion we are looking to appoint an experienced Personal Assistant to support our Senior Management Team at our Malvern offices.
The successful candidate will provide comprehensive, personal assistance and secretarial services within corporate standards to the Senior Management Team, Head of Service managers and Members. These will include:
- management of electronic calendars, including scheduling internal and external meetings both in person and via MS Teams and Zoom;
- accurate minute taking at meetings, and any associated follow-up work;
- proactively engaging with members of the Senior Management Team updating them on progress from other officers and outside bodies
- proactively handling and responding to routine and sensitive and confidential communications by email, letter and telephone;
- providing central coordination of all complaints submitted as part of the Council’s customer care strategy, including liaising with and chasing progress from other officers and senior managers;
- managing and organising manual and electronic filing systems, including the maintenance of records and data, and accurate retrieval of information.
- demonstrating commitment to delivering the Council's values of great customer service, openness and accountability, innovation and improvement and fairness and respect.
- Professional and resilient manner;
- Attention to detail
- Relevant experience of providing secretarial or administrative support in a multi-disciplinary organisation;
- Ability to deal with a variety of customers in a friendly, efficient and effective way, including those making complaints about services;
- Ability to deal with confidential matters sensitively and with the utmost discretion;
- Flexible approach to work and tasks
- Ability to work as part of a team and comfortable working alone on occasion
Skills and Experience
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge and experience of IT systems including MS Office 365; Microsoft Teams and Zoom;
- Secretarial work under pressure including balancing conflicting deadlines;
- Working with senior management in a confidential environment.
To discuss the post or for further information, please call Becky Floyd on 01684 862315
Closing date: Sunday 21 March 2021
Interview date: Tuesday 30 March 2021
Job Description and Person Specification