Headteacher - Penn Hall School
Leadership Scale 21 – 27 (£69,031 - £79,167) – Plus a Residential Component
Start Date September 2021 or January 2022 for serving Headteachers.
The Governors are seeking to appoint an inspirational and visionary leader with the energy and enthusiasm to further develop this busy, vibrant and popular Special School situated on the western outskirts of the city.
The school has a strong and shared commitment to achieve excellence and improve life outcomes for all pupils. Our Mission is that we are all:
Working together to be the best that we can be
Penn Hall has:
- 106 children and young people aged 3 – 19 years whose special needs include physical disability, profound and multiple learning difficulties, severe learning difficulties and autism spectrum conditions.
- Positive engagement with parents and its community partners
- A committed and skilled staff team who place children and young people at the heart of their work.
- A unique and flexible residential facility promoting the development of social skills and independence.
- A well established outreach provision that works in partnership with schools throughout the City
Penn Hall needs a Leader who will:
- Offer commitment and creativity so that each child and young person will achieve their personal best.
- Be able to develop and deliver a strategic vision that ensures progress and success for all children and young people.
- Be compassionate and responsive to the needs of our learners and their families.
- Develop, motivate and support a professional, experienced and caring staff team.
- Continue to ensure safeguarding is fully integrated into all aspects of our school life.
- To continue to foster partnership working with other schools, the Local Authority and external agencies.
- Lead responses to current and ongoing initiatives within special education.
To gain an insight into Penn Hall please:
- Refer to the school information included
- visit our website: www.pennhall.co.uk where you will find information about our school including:
- A link to view our latest Ofsted reports.
- An opportunity to view a video offering a flavour of school life.
During the Covid pandemic it may be possible to coordinate a school visit during the core school day. However, candidates who wish to be considered for the role are strongly encouraged to visit the school, prior to submitting their application and this will be carried out in a Covid safe manner. To arrange a visit, candidates should contact the school office on: 01902 558355 to arrange a mutually convenient time.
Penn Hall School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. Successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check along with other relevant employment checks. We are an Equal Opportunities employer.
To apply please complete the on-line application through the WM Jobs website and include a supporting letter that outlines; Why you want to be the next headteacher at Penn Hall and the skills, knowledge, experience and attributes you possess, that will ensure that all pupils receive the very best quality of education, under your leadership.
Closing date: Friday 14th May at 12 noon
Interviews: Wednesday and Thursday 26th and 27th May 2021