The Insight Team's role is to question, influence and provide understanding to make life better in Coventry.
The Insight Team collects, analyses, interprets and publishes a wide range of insights about the city, and engages with residents, communities and partners to champion a culture of evidence-based decision-making across Coventry.
Activities undertaken by the Insight team include:
- Business intelligence
- Customer and location intelligence
- Engagement and consultation support
- Evaluative research
- Performance management
- Partnership working
- Providing advice and guidance on equalities and diversity issues and ensuring the Council discharges its Public Sector Equality Duty
Areas of work supported by the Insight team include:
- Children's services
- Compliments, comments and complaints
- Customer services
- Geographical information systems
- Growth and prosperity
- Housing and homelessness
- Local land and property gazetteer
- Population health management
- Social care
12-month fixed term contract. Funded by the National Institute of Health Research Clinical Research Network (CRN) and managed jointly by Coventry City Council and Coventry University.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Research Assistant to join the City Council working on Public Health Research projects with CRN and Coventry University. The role will help to connect academic, practice based, local government and CRN public health research.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Development of the role of Public Health Research within the City Council promoting research and engaging key colleagues and departments including Insight, Social Care, Culture.
- Creating a Public Health Speciality Research group connecting local researchers, organisations and networks.
- Leading Public Health Research projects including: development of Population Health Management across the Health and Care System, measuring the impact of the City of Culture on residents’ wellbeing.
You’ll have a good understanding of the local government environment and knowledge of the local health research economy.
You’ll have enthusiasm for working collaboratively on Public Health Research across organisations and the ability to communicate with a range of professional, clinical and lay audiences.
You’ll have excellent organisation skills and attention to detail, with experience of leading projects to a successful conclusion.
You’ll have experience of Public Health Research, strong report writing and presentation skills.
When applying for this role you will be asked to write a personal statement, please include the following information in your statement:
· Your knowledge and understanding of the local health research economy.
· Your understanding of study designs and methodologies, including types of prevention and population studies.
· Your experience of successfully managing your workload and taking responsibility for projects.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact: Valerie de Souza at email@example.com or on 02476 977 653.
For full details on the application process please read the attached document on our jobs page labelled 'Coventry City Council Application Process'
Interview date(s): 30/03/2021Introduction to Coventry City Council
Coventry is a lively, multicultural city, which embraces old and new. Around the modern city centre there are traces of history everywhere – in the old city walls, the timber-framed buildings and the reconstructed medieval Spon Street. But Coventry has always had an eye on the future, and is now firmly focused on regenerating and re-inventing itself to meet the challenges of the 21st Century. With major developments and new projects taking place right across the city, Coventry City Council is the place to be!
There's a huge buzz about the city – Coventry ranks as the 8th best city to live, work and do business in the UK, and is the UK City of Culture 2021 ! We believe this will help put Coventry on the map for all the right reasons. You can feel the sense of local pride throughout the city as we build towards this momentous year. It also offers a unique, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to those joining us to play their part in it.
We genuinely believe that Coventry City Council is a special place. You will be joining Coventry City Council during an exciting time to become part of a team that contribute to achieving our visions for the city. We have made our council a place where we look after our people, making sure you're happy in your work and given everything you need to succeed. We've created friendly, welcoming workplaces where everyone is working towards the same cause, providing the best possible services for the city of Coventry.
As a council with improvement at its heart, we’re committed to making life better for the people who live and work in Coventry. We’re equally concerned with the quality of life enjoyed by our people, so by joining us, you won’t just be helping the community, you’ll be helping yourself too.
Not only do you get to work alongside great people that are helping to improve services for our community we offer great benefits too! For your valued contribution we will provide a fantastic benefits package including;
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous annual leave allowance starting at 27 days and rising to 32 days
- Pay progression through multiple increments
- Outstanding local government pension scheme
- Learning & Development with access to certified courses.
- Access to an award winning Occupational Health Team
- Vibrant employee networks
For full details on the application process please read the attached document labelled Coventry CC Application process.