Job title: Resource Workers
Team: Disability Resource Services
Location: Burton on Trent
Salary: £20,903 – £25,481
Working Pattern: 37 Hours per week | Full time | Shift & rota work with some flexibility |
As a Resource Worker you’ll be a member of the homes multi-disciplinary team involved in caring for young people with disabilities. If you’re looking for a role with a positive impact this is it. You’ll not only be helping and supporting young people with disabilities but also their families too.
Your main responsibility as a Resource Worker will be to ensure that day to day care and therapeutic procedures for our young people are of the very highest standards. You’ll take the lead with our young people’s care plans and you’ll work to increase the participation from children and parents whilst also liaising with relevant professionals and agencies when needed.
You’ll be working closely with disabled children, their parents and carers and a range of other professionals, including Children and Communities Directorate, to facilitate short break packages to provide a range of positive opportunities for disabled children. These short breaks are important because they give our young people opportunities they might not otherwise have, and it gives parents and carers a much-needed break from their caring responsibilities.
As well as being a caring and compassionate team player you’ll also have:
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Caring for Children and Young People or be able to show you are committed to completing this qualification should you be offered the role
- An understanding of the Quality Standards for Children’s Homes (2015)
- An appreciation of the associated frameworks and legislation relevant to improvements of outcomes for looked after children
Experience of working in a residential setting would be useful too but isn’t essential. If you’re unsure whether your experience is suitable please reach out to us and we can see if your skills and experience would be suitable. You can email to email@example.com or call Leanne on 01283 845237.
So, what do you get from us?
Here at Staffordshire our people are very important to us. To ensure a healthy working environment for all we have a Safe Working Environment Certificate, an appropriate supply of PPE and lateral flow testing in place, along with regular reviews of procedures and risk assessments regarding Covid-19.
We’ve also created a supportive working environment, focused on developing our people. We’ll support you with tailored training, monthly supervisions and an open-door management style so you can discuss your progress openly with us.
We also have a lot of additional benefits too including:
- Generous holiday entitlement from 24 up to 33 days (plus 2 extra statutory days and bank holidays)
- The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave
- A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, just ask us if you’re looking for something in particular
- Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave
- An excellent local government pension scheme
- Volunteering Scheme
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services)
- Eye care vouchers
- Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme
- Bus and rail travel discounts
So, how do I apply?
Just click on the ‘Apply’ button. If you do have technical issues please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and the team will help you.
Closing Date: 17 March 2021
Our recruitment process
It’s important to know as an authority we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people/vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment with us. Bearing this in mind, this position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) and so, if applicable you should disclose details of unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.
How will we store your details?
By submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here