Out of Hours Club Supervisor (St Michael's CE VC First School)
The Headteacher and Governors of St. Michael’s CE (VC) First School are looking to appoint a Wraparound Club Manager to join our successful before and after school club team.
The successful candidate will join a team of dedicated staff to provide a safe, fun environment that encourages creative and imaginative play activities and focuses on the children’s own interests. The ideal candidate will be either an experienced childcare practitioner or somebody with the right qualities who is keen to learn. We are looking for someone who wants to engage and inspire the children at St. Michael’s and will uphold the ethos and values of the school.
We are looking for someone who can;
- Plan for and provide high quality play opportunities for all children in a safe, happy and caring environment.
- Work as part of a team and line manage staff within the setting developing a shared collaboration.
- Involve the children in the planning of club activities and continue to build on the fun environment of this provision.
- Manage the administration for club bookings and the provision ensuring registers are completed and ratios are met.
- Provide refreshments and ensure that hygiene and health and safety standards are met both in food preparation and all aspects of club life.
- Administer first aid when necessary.
- Ensure child protection measures are fully compliant and all children are safe within the setting.
- Provide up to date information and communicate with parents on a daily basis.
- Develop the use of our amazing outside environment within the club.
- Work within the framework of the club’s policies and procedures, and the Early Years Foundation Stage and develop, write and implement policies where appropriate.
- Be able to work on own initiative, using judgement and common sense and have a good sense of humour.
We can offer the successful candidate;
- The opportunity to join a committed and welcoming team who have a drive to continue to build on the club’s excellent reputation.
- A commitment to CPD and support for them in their own career development.
- The opportunity to work with a wonderful group of children who enjoy attending our wrap around provision.
- Ongoing support from the school’s leadership team.
Potential candidates must have a minimum of level 3 qualification (NVQ in Early Years Care and Education, or Playworker/NNEB or equivalent) and be totally committed to providing high quality care for children in our out of school provision.
Mon – Fri Term time only 7.15am – 9.00am and 3.15pm – 6pm, plus additional hours for Admin
If you are interested in joining our dedicated and friendly team please do not hesitate to contact the school for more information.
St. Michaels CE (VC) First School
Stone ST15 8QB
To apply for this post please download the application form from the "Available Documents" section below and return to Julia Wass, Headteacher.
Closing date: Monday 22nd March 2021 midday
St. Michael’s CE (VC) First School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form