Leadership 6 – 13
Job Start date: September 2021
Over the years, Holyoakes Field has served a diverse and evolving community. The current school was opened in 1913 and it has a rich history and a strong reputation. In May 2019 we converted to become part of a new Multi Academy Trust and we are due to relocate to a brand new, larger school in Sept 21, situated a short distance away from the current site.
This is a very exciting time to be joining our school and we welcome applications from experienced senior leaders to become our new Deputy Headteacher. We are a successful school with an established record, recognised by OFSTED in Nov 17 as ‘Good’. We have strong values which are fundamental to what we do and are ingrained in the family life of the school. Our motto of being a ‘Happy, Friendly, Fun and Safe’ environment for children, families and staff is recognised and celebrated by all stakeholders.
Governors are seeking a deputy headteacher who:
- has a proven track record of effective classroom practice
- has a successful record as a senior leader of a first/primary school
- can nurture and cherish children, promoting their confidence, well-being and development
- is uncompromising in the pursuit of high standards of achievement
- has the ability to improve, challenge and empower colleagues
- has a genuine passion for learning and can share this drive and enthusiasm with others
- has the ability to gain the trust and respect of all stakeholders
- understands the current and future challenges and changes within education
In return our school can offer:
- a strong and enthusiastic leadership team to support you
- a dedicated, talented and able teaching staff which is passionate about pupils’ progress, development and well-being
- a caring and supportive Local Governing Body and Trust Directors
- proud and hardworking pupils, with an excellent attitude towards learning and behaviour
- a great opportunity to be part of a dynamic and culturally diverse first school
- an excellent opportunity to develop new leadership skills by joining the school at a pivotal stage in its growth and development
We welcome applications from senior leaders as we believe that we will be able to provide you with a wide range of opportunities to broaden your experience.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check. This post is subject to the general conditions of service for a Deputy Headteacher as set out in the current School Teachers Pay and Conditions document.
We hope to be able to accommodate visits to the school from Thursday 11th March. Visits to the school will only be possible after school due to the current restrictions. Please contact the school office to arrange a visit on 01527 62928.
Closing date: Noon on 22nd March.2021
Interviews will take place during the week beginning 29th March.