Volunteers - Walsall Children's Services Early Help
- Exciting new volunteering opportunities within Walsall Council Children Services Early Help
- Numerous opportunities to volunteer to support Children, Young People and Families across Walsall
- Long term volunteering opportunities – minimum of 6 months with flexible volunteering time available.
- Open advert – no close date, apply anytime
- DBS required – applications and cost will be covered by Walsall Council
- Pre agreed ‘out of pocket expenses’ will be covered by Walsall Council, Children Services, Early Help Service
- Full training provided
- Ongoing support provided
We have a number of exiting opportunities’ to volunteer within Walsall Council, Early Help, Children Services – Early Help Locality Teams and Early Help Service provision Teams.
Early Help means providing support to improve a child, young person and family’s resilience and outcomes. It also means reducing the chances of problems getting worse. The Early Help service provides a ranges of services, interventions and support to children, young people and families across Walsall who are facing difficult times in their lives and we are keen to offer additional help to families through a new volunteering arm of the service.
We are inviting people to apply for volunteering opportunities who:
- Are passionate about supporting children, young people and families most in need, so they can have better outcomes and increased life chances.
- Committed to supporting their communities, children, young people, parents and carers to develop, gain skills and have positive educational outcomes.
- Have a range of life experiences themselves, who are from a range of backgrounds; that feel able to support families, build relationships and model for families ‘how to make positive changes’
- Can plan to commit time to volunteer for our service for approximately 6 months or longer.
For further information on the types of volunteering tasks available and the skills volunteers will need please see the ‘Early Help Volunteer Role Description’.
To apply to volunteer with Walsall Council Early Help Service please download the ‘Volunteer Application Form’.
To discuss the volunteer opportunities’ further please contact Georgina Atkins, Early Help Parenting Lead at email: Georgina.Atkins@walsall.gov.uk or call 07908242162. For further information about Walsall’s Early Help Service please see http://www.mywalsall.org/walsallearlyhelp/