School Business Manager - TV44020
School Business Manager
Location: Mary Elliot Special School, Walsall
Accountable to: Head of Schools, Executive Headteacher
Responsible for: School operational support (Business and Finance, Health and Safety, Administration, Human Resources, Facilities)
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: G8 (£30,451 - £34, 728)
- Have vast experience in managing the business and operations of schools;
- Are ambitious for learners that require close support to meet their complex needs;
- Have a workable method for achieving financial best value for schools;
- Understand the roles and value of every team member;
- Can lead and manage development and improvement initiatives;
- Are solution minded, and thrive on finding resolutions;
- Can simplify complex circumstances to find ways forward;
- See problems as a challenge to overcome, not a barrier to progress;
- Constantly scan the horizon, and are able to advise leaders on preparations for change;
- Will nurture the federation vision and ethos
… we would like to meet you.
We wish to appoint someone with unwavering positivity, and an outstanding track record in the leadership and management of school business and operations. The successful candidate will be ambitious for the school and its learners; committed to the development of environment, self and others; and will be ready and motivated for an exciting new challenge. This role will provide you with the opportunity to combine your advanced level of knowledge, skill and operational understanding with our free-thinking, innovative and creative strategic process.
Mary Elliot School is a specialist setting in Walsall providing education to young people at Key Stages 3 and 4, and 16-19 provision, all of whom have a variety of SEND complexities. The post holder will be joining our vibrant team as we move forward and refine our excellence in nurturing, developing and shaping young lives. Mary Elliot is part a collaborative, supportive and progressive federation. This is an exciting time, and offers an opportunity to provide the business support to enable our positive impact on the future of the lives of the most significantly challenged young people in the area.
A visit for informal discussion in strongly advised. Application packs can be downloaded from the vacancies page on the school website: https://www.mary-elliot.walsall.sch.uk/our-school/current-vacancies/.
Please address completed application forms and a covering letter to Matthew Ball, Executive Headteacher, and send electronically to email@example.com by Wednesday 14th April 2021.
Interviews will take place week commencing 19th or 26th April 2021.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted by the school.
Our federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and young people.
The successful applicant will therefore be required to complete a DBS check.
We encourage applications from all sectors of the community to reflect our diverse student population.