Head of Governance - Manor Hall Academy Trust
Manor Hall Academy Trust
Head of Governance Vacancy
We are looking for a Head of Governance to lead and manage the strategic development and implementation of the Manor Hall Academy Trust governance arrangements. You will lead the Governance Team and ensure that governance meets the standards required by the Trust including all statutory and regulatory compliance requirements.
We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills and the ability to write effective minutes and prepare agendas. You will also need to have an in-depth knowledge of school governance and legislation in order to advise Local advisory boards and the Senior Leadership Teams across the Trust.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- The strategic management of all governance and policy compliance objectives throughout the Manor Hall Academy Trust (MHAT)
- Ensuring that Trust Governance procedures, the requirements of the Governance Handbook, Trust code of conduct and Local Advisory Board (LAB) terms of reference are embedded across the MHAT
- Ensuring effective procedures and systems link the various layers of governance – committee, local, and MHAT Board/Trustee – so that information flows efficiently both ways
- Managing the MHAT clerking service and acting as Clerk to the Board, Members Board, Head Teachers Advisory Board and one Hub LABs
- To co-ordinate LAB agendas and schedules of meetings dovetailing into Directors Committee Meetings and Board Meetings
- Leading the recruitment strategy of Trustees and LAB members, including advice to the Board, Chairs of the LABs and Head Teachers, regarding appointment/election and induction processes
- Assist in the due diligence process of new schools in terms of local governance evaluation
- Defining and supporting the delivery of a professional annual programme of training and development for all tiers of governance.
The Manor Hall Academy Trust has come a long way since its inception in August 2015 as a Special School and Alternative Provision Multi Academy Trust. In March 2021 MHAT will consist of 13 member schools, plus a Free School in the pre-opening phases and an Associate Member, expected to join us in Autumn 2021. This will incorporate schools across 5 different neighbouring Local Authorities
MHAT Vision; An ethos of learning, achieving and caring is at the heart of everything we do. All academies in the Trust, strive to provide a learning environment, where pupils can make the best possible progress in all aspects of their lives. This is achieved through a relevant and engaging curriculum, high expectations and quality teaching.
MHAT Mission Statement; Building Relationships-Celebrating Success-Promoting Progress and Independence.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across the Trust.
All applications to be emailed to email@example.com by the 18th of April 2021 and interviews will be held on 29th April 2021.