Senior Housing Options Adviser
Wychavon & Malvern Hills District Councils are great places to work, with high levels of resident satisfaction and motivated staff who enjoy working for us. Located in South Worcestershire the district boasts a beautiful natural environment, a rich heritage and plenty to do and see.
We pride ourselves on being a progressive organisation who spends time and energy on what we know matters most to our residents and communities.
Our staff are at the heart of what we do, and as a result we are always looking to recruit, develop and retain the very best talent we can find. That's why, as well as a satisfying job, we offer a range of attractive benefits, such as flexible working arrangements, generous holiday entitlements, a pension scheme, plenty of opportunities for personal development, and discounted gym membership.
We share a Chief Executive and a joint management team with Malvern Hills District Council. Whilst they retain their own political structures and distinct identities, the joint management structure allows us to maximise the opportunity to deliver a wide range of good value services to our customers and communities, and operate and develop shared services and partnership arrangements with each other and with other councils.
Senior Housing Options Adviser x 2 posts
37 Hours per week
£32,234 - £35,745 per annum
Do you have a passion for leading high performing teams and supporting vulnerable customers to achieve a long term home?
We are looking for two Senior Housing Options Advisers to join our brilliant team on a permanent basis. These are senior positions leading the frontline Housing Options service. Post holders will be responsible for the direct line management of officers who undertake statutory responsibilities but also supporting staff who work with some of the most complex individuals in our community.
We need a strong leader who is motivated to ensure vulnerable members of the community are supported effectively. You will need to be able to:
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the Housing Act 1996 as amended by the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017 and use this to ensure front line staff are delivering in line with the appropriate legislation
- Work autonomously, supporting the Principal Housing Officer by making complex decisions based on evidence and data from multiple agencies
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills, motivating and empowering frontline staff to deliver a high-quality service
- Advise front line staff on innovative ways to support complex needs individuals, promoting a multi-agency approach and in line with an assertive outreach model
- Monitor performance across your team and ensure that that poor performance is appropriately addressed, contributing to a performance focused culture.
As a key member of our team we will also expect you to;
- Demonstrate commitment to delivering the councils values of great customer service, openness and accountability, innovation and improvement and fairness and respect.
- Be responsible for demonstrating and promoting the Council’s Leadership Behaviour Framework by inspiring, communicating, collaborating and empowering self and others and leading by example.
What knowledge, skills and experience do you need?
- Relevant experience working in Housing
- Experience of supervising or managing frontline staff
- Experience of driving and implementing change in performance focused culture
- Understanding of complex needs including new and innovative approaches to support individuals who are hard to reach.
- Confident in acting as a leader and a role model to staff in a fast-paced operational environment.
If you’re excited to find out more or curious how you could become part of our team please call Naomi Morris, Principal Housing Officer on 01386 565292 or by emailing Naomi.Morris@wychavon.gov.uk
Closing date: Sunday 18 April 2021
Interview date: Thursday 29 April 2021