Teaching Assistant - SEN
Teaching Assistant (SEN)
This is a full time permanent role
Salary dependent on experience - from £18,591 per annum
Start date - asap
We are currently looking to recruit a passionate and experienced Teaching Assistant to join our team in Old Arley, Coventry.
You will become part of a team that specialises in delivering curriculum designed to meet individual needs and give our students the best possible educational outcomes. Our school provides a safe learning environment for children and young people with a wide range of varying needs including social, emotional and mental health needs (SEMH), autism (ASC), attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and attachment difficulties (AD). Previous relevant experience in this area is therefore desirable.
The main responsibility of this post is to provide high quality teaching assistance for an allocated class within the Old Arley site of the Arc School, a detailed breakdown and job description is available on request.
At Arc our students benefit from our unique, bespoke creative curriculum with strategic support from multidisciplinary teams of therapists, and we are looking for the next member of our teaching team to enhance their learning experience.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- To work under the guidance of the class teacher to support teaching and learning in the classroom
- To provide general support to the class teacher in the management and organisation of the pupils and the classroom
- To use behaviour management strategies effectively and in line with the school’s policy and procedures, which contribute to a purposeful learning environment
- To promote the inclusion of all pupils ensuring they have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
- To be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, security and confidentiality, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
Person Specification (Essential)
- Evidence of successfully working with young people, preferably with ASC and/or SEMH needs
- Awareness of safeguarding young people
- Ability to deal with challenging behaviour
- GCSE C grade or above in English and Maths or equivalent
- High degree of resilience
- Good communication skills
- Team player
In return for your hard work and commitment we offer a competitive salary and other benefits including contributory pension scheme, comprehensive induction and ongoing training and professional development opportunities, refer-a-friend rewards, perks at work, employee assistance programme, birthday treats, employee of the month awards, cycle to work scheme.
Arc School Old Arley is part of the Kedleston Group and opened in 2015. We are an independent special day school situated within a rural village near Nuneaton, affording children and young people, aged between 7 and 16, the opportunity to take part in a range of activities within the local community.
Kedleston Group Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its young people. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.