Assistant Head Teacher – (Inclusion, SEND & Nurture)
3 days left
Leadership Range: L4 – L8
Post: Assistant Head Teacher – (Inclusion, SEND & Nurture)
Start Date: 1st September 2021
Contract: Full time, permanent
Teaching Commitment: bespoke support up to 0.4
We have an exciting opportunity for TWO ambitious and driven Assistant Head Teachers to join our new leadership structure at Cherry Orchard Primary School. Our Assistant Head Teachers will work alongside the Head and Deputy, to build an ethos of innovation, excellence, reflection and aspiration for all. Our school is joining the highly successful, Rivers C of E Academy Trust on 1st April 2021.
Key responsibilities of the Inclusion, SEND & Nurture Assistant Headteacher:
• Be a member of the SLT and take responsibility for specific aspects of leadership across the school.
• To undertake the role of school SENDCo and take responsibility for SEND provision across the school.
• To undertake the role of Designated Teacher for Looked After children (LAC).
• To promote positive mental health and wellbeing across the school and to undertake and disseminate, mental health training and initiatives.
• To lead the provision for nurture across the school.
• To work closely with the PSHE and RSE co-ordinator to ensure the curriculum is compliant and highly effective.
• Keep up to with date local and national developments to continually seek fresh opportunities to reshape and reframe our provision.
• Take a leading role in raising standards by planning and leading high-quality staff development.
• To undertake the role of Designated, or Deputy Designated Safeguarding lead.
We can offer:
• Talented pupils who are inquisitive and eager to learn.
• A friendly and supportive team who are committed to high quality continued professional development.
• A chance to be part of our exciting journey into the Rivers C of E Academy Trust.
The application documents are available from the school office via email to email@example.com
Please note that due to the Covid pandemic restrictions, the school is unable to offer visits to the school for prospective applicants. However, the Head Teacher will be available by appointment for phone conversations or Teams calls if required, please email the office to arrange. If you have not heard from the school by Friday 7th May, you should assume that on this occasion your application has not been shortlisted.
Cherry Orchard Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check and Disqualification by Association check.
Closing date: Friday 23rd April 2021 at 12noon
Interview Date – Wk beginning Monday 3rd May 2021