Class Teacher / SENDCo
We are looking to appoint a talented, inspirational and enthusiastic person to join our fantastic team.
We are looking for a dedicated teacher to start in September. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with SENDCo experience or for someone who wants to become qualified as a SENDCo; someone who has the drive, inspiration and talent to support our SEN learners in the school. You will work closely with the rest of the team along with being a part of the senior leadership team. We are seeking an individual who shares our vision and commitment to ensuring the very best for every child we teach.
We can offer:
- Being part of a professional, dedicated and friendly teaching team
- A supportive wider school community
- A supportive leadership team
- Fantastic, enthusiastic and eager children who are ready and willing to learn
- Excellent CPD opportunities
Being part of the Co-op Academies Trust with benefits which include:
- Local government pension scheme
- Co-operative flexible benefits , including cycle to work scheme
- Healthcare cashback scheme
- Discounted gym membership and leisure activities
- Discount of various co-op branded products
We are looking for someone who:
- Has experience of being a SENDCo or someone wanting to start SENDCo training, with proven ability as a strong practitioner
- Has excellent knowledge and a sound understanding of the SEND Code of Practice as well as the National Curriculum
- Is a hardworking and dedicated practitioner; able to motivate and inspire children
- Is passionate about ensuring the parents/carers are heard regarding their child’s needs
- Is enthusiastic, resourceful and committed to ensuring the highest possible standards of achievement and personal development, supporting every child to flourish
- Is willing to contribute to the life of the school and its community
- Has a commitment to their own personal and professional development
- Works effectively in partnership with all stakeholders
- Is able to work cooperatively as part of a team, offering support, guidance and training when required
- Has a good sense of humour and willing to ‘go the extra mile’
- Takes responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school.
If you feel you have all the necessary attributes, are highly motivated and dedicated to making a positive difference to children’s lives then we would love to hear from you.
Visits to the school will take place in line with our COVID-19 requirements. We are offering tours with the Headteacher, with a chance for an informal chat.
Please contact the school office on 01782 470401 to book on one of these tours:
- Friday 26th March at 9:30am, 11:30am or 1:30pm
- Tuesday 20th April at 4pm
- Tuesday 27th April at 2pm or 4pm
- Wednesday 28th April at 9:30am
Closing Date: Wednesday 5th May
Interview Dates: week beginning Monday 17th May
Application Form: Please email your completed application form to Angela Dean at: email@example.com
Co-op Academy Friarswood
Co-op Academy Friarswood is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to satisfactory references and clearances, including an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service.