APPOINTMENT OF LAY CO-OPTED MEMBER
Would you like the opportunity to have an input into decisions about the delivery of Police and Fire and Rescue Services in Staffordshire?
We are looking for a member of the public to serve as a Lay Co-opted member of the Staffordshire Police Fire and Crime Panel.
The Police Fire and Crime Commissioner for Staffordshire’s primary role is to maintain, and secure the efficiency and effectiveness of the Police and Fire and Rescue Services.
The main role of the Panel will be to scrutinise the Police Fire and Crime Commissioner, to promote openness in the transaction of Police and Fire and Rescue business and also to support the Commissioner in the effective exercise of their functions.
Applicants must be resident in the Staffordshire Police and Fire area and must have…
- An active involvement in a sector of the community (eg business, voluntary sectors)
- The ability to represent the cross section of views and concerns of the public
- Knowledge/expertise of community safety issues
Applicants must not ….
- Be a member of staff of the Police Fire and Crime Commissioner for the Staffordshire Police and Fire area
- Be a member of the civilian staff of the Police Force for the Staffordshire area
- Be a Member of the National Assembly for Wales
- Be a Member of the Scottish Parliament
- Be a Member of the European Parliament
- Be a Member of Staffordshire County Council, Stoke-on-Trent City Council or any Borough or District Council in Staffordshire
- Have been adjudged bankrupt
- Have been convicted of an imprisonable offence.
The appointment will be for a four year period.
Payments will be made to cover travel and other expenses.
If you are interested in applying please send your CV to Mandy Pattinson, e mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 16 April 2021.