Part Time Secondments or Self-Employed Working Opportunities
4 days left
Part Time Secondments or Self-Employed Working Opportunities from September 2021 to July 2022
0.5 to 1 day per week.
We are looking for new Inclusion Consultants to join our current innovative team as a secondment opportunity.
Working as part of the North Star Inclusion Advisory Team you will have the exciting opportunity to:
- Provide highly effective support and challenge to schools and settings to promote positive outcomes and engagement for vulnerable learners;
- Work with SENCos and other school leaders in a range of settings to develop inclusive policy, practice and procedures in line with SEND Code of Practice;
- Work with individual pupils, their families and schools to identify their needs and offer their school/settings advice about how to effectively support them;
- Demonstrate best practice via coaching and modelling to develop the skills and knowledge of others leading to improved pupil outcomes;
- Develop and provide training directly to settings and centrally from our training facility.
Focusing upon all aspects of inclusion, North Star Inclusion Advisory Team has been operating for over eight years. We provide a range of services to a number of settings including: regular school visits, INSET and central training. We strive to help others to help their pupils to become the best that they can be. To be one of our Inclusion Consultants you will also be passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of children and young people as well as being:
- A qualified teacher with experience of leading and managing SEN provision in a school/setting in the role of SENCo;
- Able to carry out a range of pupil assessments to identify need and provide supportive advice to accelerate pupil progress;
- Confident in supporting others to fully implement the SEND Code of Practice (2014);
- Skilled at working with a range of other professionals;
- Able to develop and deliver training, coaching and model best practice to other professionals;
- Able to liaise with a wide range of agencies to ensure the well-being of pupils is safeguarded;
- Skilled in giving specialist advice on inclusion to maximise the learning potential of pupils with special educational needs;
- Up to date with the national and local picture of SEND.