Leadership Pay Range, Group 1, L8 to L14,
Full-time, permanent position
Required for September 2021
Astley C of E Primary School is a thriving small and friendly village school that is rated good by Ofsted and outstanding by SIAMS. Located in an enviable rural location, yet just minutes outside Stourport-on-Severn, we currently have 97 pupils, aged 4 to 11 years, on roll. Astley C of E Primary School has a clear Christian vision which underpins all its activities. An experienced staff team deliver high quality teaching and learning and enjoy positive relationships with the children. The current Headteacher is retiring after 21 years associated with the school, with the last four years as Headteacher.
Astley School is seeking a candidate who will:
• think strategically and develop and lead a continuously improving school
• model and nurture the Christian values and character of a Church of England school
• invest in staff to enable them to flourish and lead, within a dynamic and trusting team
• model and promote outstanding teaching skills, based on current research and evidence
• ensure continuously improving outcomes for every child
• develop a cohesive, mixed age, wider curriculum offering rich learning experiences
• know, understand and nurture every child in their care
• work positively and pro-actively with all stakeholders to continue to build a strong community
In return we can offer:
• a warm welcome in a successful school, situated in a beautiful part of Worcestershire
• a happy school built on high standards and respect
• talented, dedicated and energetic staff
• polite, happy, hardworking pupils
• supportive parents and carers and an effective Friends group
• well-maintained and resourced, indoor and outdoor environments
• an experienced and committed Governing Body
• a sound financial position
The full-time position of Headteacher at Astley C of E Primary School currently carries a 0.2 teaching commitment. A 0.8 part-time position may be considered in discussion with the right candidate.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
All applications must be made on the school application form – CV’s will not be considered.
We hope that you will visit us and see for yourself what we have to offer. Please email Mrs Ann Bromage, Office Manager, to book a School Tour via Vacancies@astley.worcs.sch.uk
School Tours: Individual tours can be arranged the week beginning Monday 29th March from 4pm onwards.
Closing date: 10am on Tuesday 20th April 2021
Shortlisting: Wednesday 21st April 2021
Interviews: Monday 26th and Tuesday 27th April 2021