HEAD OF MATHS DEPARTMENT - WALTON HIGH SCHOOL
WALTON HIGH SCHOOL
The Rise, Walton on the Hill
STAFFORD, ST17 0LJ
Mixed 11 – 18 High School with 1340 students on roll
Including an Outstanding Post 16 of 250 students
Walton High School is an oversubscribed, high-achieving school, situated in a pleasant residential area on the edge of Cannock Chase.
HEAD OF MATHS DEPARTMENT
FULL TIME - PERMANENT - REQUIRED FROM SEPTEMBER 2021
ups 1 – UPS3 Dependent upon experience plus TLR 1.3 (£11,790)
Vision and aims:
The fundamental intention of Walton High School is to sustain an ethos throughout the entire school that promotes teaching, learning and achievement of the highest quality thereby enabling every individual achieve.
Our school aims include:
- To enable every student to fulfil his or her potential
- To educate the whole student by fostering an ethos where academic success and the development of personal skills and attributes are equally important
- To create an environment that promotes mutual respect between staff and students
- To encourage creativity, flair, imagination and enthusiasm in our students
- To equip our students with the knowledge, skills and personal qualities that will best prepare them for their future lives
- To sustain a partnership with parents and the local community through effective communication to support our students
- We are passionate about using evidence-informed teaching and learning to ensure that all students achieve highly.
- We value teachers as experts in their subject, with high levels of trust and autonomy.
- We have a strong in-school CPD programme which enables all teachers to improve.
- We are committed to staff wellbeing and have taken steps to reduce teachers’ workload including sensible feedback principles and reduced reporting requirements and schedules.
- Our pupils want to learn and demonstrate excellent standards of behaviour.
- We have a large and comprehensive sixth form.
- We have a vibrant house system.
- We offer students a broad range of extra-curricular clubs and activities.
The maths department:
- We are a department of 11 maths specialists who enjoy being part of a supportive team.
- We are committed to supporting all students to achieve.
- We strive to develop student enjoyment of the subject through lessons, clubs, trips and competitions.
- We offer smaller class sizes.
- Pupils achieve excellent results.
- All members of the department have the opportunity to teach the full age and ability range.
- There are currently 7 sets of Mathematics, Core Maths and Further Maths in our Sixth Form and we run a
Gifted and Talented programme as well as intervention where needed.
We are now seeking a talented mathematics leader who will continually drive to incorporate evidence informed practice in the work of every maths teacher in the department to ensure our students are given every opportunity to experience success.
This is an excellent opportunity for a teacher wishing to move further into middle leadership, or for an experienced middle leader wishing to develop their skills in an excellent school with a strong and passionate mathematics department.
Please see school website at www.waltonstaffs.com for application form and further details.
Closing date for applications: 9 am on Monday, 10th May 2021
Interviews will be held on: Monday, 17th May 2021
This position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Further details regarding this check are available from school or by visiting https://disclosure.capitarvs.co.uk/stoke
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
To comply with Asylum and Immigration legislation you will be required (if appointed) to provide one or more documents from the Immigration Act 2006 - List A and B. You must provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom and valid permission to do the type of work offered. Further information is available at: www.gov.uk/government/publications/acceptable-right-to-work-documents-an-employers-guide