Temporary Class Teacher
Temporary Class Teacher (full-time, 1st September 2021 to 8th April 2022)
From September 2021, Himbleton CE First School and Nursery will become Himbleton CE Primary School and Nursery. We are very excited to begin this new chapter as we welcome Years 5 and 6 to our school family.
As a result of this, with the addition of a maternity cover requirement, we are seeking to appoint a temporary teacher on a full-time basis for two terms. We envisage that this post will initially be teaching our mixed Year 1 and 2 class. There is a possibility that a part-time position will be required moving forward from April 2022.
We are looking for:
- A committed practitioner with a strong understanding of teaching and learning, able to recognise what constitutes Quality First Teaching to meet a range of diverse needs across the primary age range.
- A willingness to engage in a range of CPD activities.
- A willingness to undertake subject leadership responsibilities.
- A positive team player who is willing to be involved in all aspects of school life.
- An enthusiastic person who will promote our Christian values in all that they do.
We can offer you:
- A range of high quality CPD opportunities.
- The chance to join an experienced and committed team, where there is an embedded supportive culture.
- A happy school family where our core Christian values underpin all that we do and our focus is on development of the whole child in preparation for a fulfilling life.
- The opportunity to be part of an exciting development journey and contribute to shaping the future of the school.
Both NQTs and experienced teachers are invited to apply for this Main Scale post.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and barred list check.
Applications should be made on the WCC application form, with reference to the attached person specification and job description, and submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on Monday 26th April 2021.
It is anticipated that interviews will take place on Monday 10th May 2021.