Deputy Head Teacher
We are delighted to be seeking to appoint a Deputy Headteacher whose leadership, commitment, energy and high expectations for all will contribute to our successful school from September 2021. The Deputy Headteacher will be an outstanding practitioner with a responsibility for a key strategic area linked to teaching and learning, curriculum and/or assessment (depending on the strengths of the successful candidate) and will be non-class based with some teaching commitment.
Russells Hall Primary School is a two-form entry school. We are proud to offer:
- pupils who love to learn and want to succeed
- a school that has high expectations for all, with drive and vision for continuing school improvement
- a dedicated Senior leadership team and staff
- a commitment to invest in all staff, providing opportunities to grow and success, including the best possible training through a culture of evidence-based research.
- an unswerving commitment to improving the life chances of all children and a determination to achieve excellence for all and by all.
- a school that is outward facing and is committed to working with others for the benefit of all.
Hours: 32.5 per week
The successful candidate will be a dynamic, highly motivated, confident and inclusive leader, committed to embodying our values and vision for the school. We are looking for someone who:
- is an exemplary practitioner with a proven track record of leadership and management at strategic level;
- is passionate about learning and will use their leadership skills to maintain and improve high expectations for all our children so that they can reach their true potential in an environment where everyone is valued, respected and encouraged to thrive;
- is committed to ensuring that children harness their own passion for learning, which prepares them for the next stage of their education and beyond, encouraging them to become responsible citizens and develop a deep understanding and appreciation of both British and world cultures;
- is determined that children develop as well-rounded, happy and confident individuals, where academic performance is strong and aspirations are high;
- is an excellent role model who can inspire the team of staff so that they have a sense of pride, accountability and mutual responsibility across the school;
- has strong leadership and people management skills and have the ability to nurture, encourage and motivate pupils and staff and build excellent relationships with parents and strong links with the community;
- can communicate their ideas clearly to inspire, motivate and enable their team;
- will support the strategic planning for the school, working with our Leadership Team and Governing Body;
- will have key strategic responsibility;
- will strive for continuous improvement, putting children at the heart of everything they do.
Visits to Russells Hall Primary School to meet the Headteacher, Alison Harrison, are warmly welcomed any day from 19th to 22nd April 3.30pm – 5pm. Please contact Russells Hall Primary school office on 01384 816785 to arrange a visit.
Closing Date for applications: Friday 23rd April
Interviews will be held week commencing: 17th May 2021
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be expected to share this commitment and be subject to enhanced disclosure and barring clearance.
You are required to ensure that you understand your own role and responsibilities to comply with legislation and the employer's policies. Any breaches of, or failure to
Online application forms will only be accepted for this vacancy, online facilities for jobs are available at public libraries within the Dudley Borough.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk.
If you are experiencing a problem whilst applying for a position, please follow the link below to the WM Jobs Help Page in the first instance; https://www.wmjobs.co.uk/staticpages/20563/help/.
If the WM Jobs Help Page does not resolve your issue then please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk.
Dudley Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at https://www.dudley.gov.uk/