4 days left
We are recruiting a number of Tutors / Assessors to support ESF funded learners to achieve programmes of learning in a timely manner, ensuring quality of delivery and assessment in an efficient and cost-effective manner. The role will involve compliance with procedures and quality control measures, provision of structured advice and guidance to learners, classroom delivery and assessment against national standards. Delivery of Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT, vocational and employability courses, as required.
What you'll be doing:
- Support the recruitment, training and assessment of learners aged 15 to 24 who are NEET (Not Employed in Education or Training) or at Risk of being NEET on a range of ESF and ESFA funded courses at Entry Level to Level 2 including:
- Functional Skills Maths
- Functional Skills English
- Employability Skills
- Health and Social Care
- Early Years
- Customer Service and Business Skills
- STEM related courses (including IT User Skills and IT Functional Skills)
- Work within defined policy and procedures as a tutor/assessor with small groups or individual learners across a range of settings
- Adapt methods and instructional materials to meet the learners' varying needs and interests;
- Observe and evaluates learner performance; providing guidance or assistance in areas in which a learner needs help.
- Maintain a caseload of learners ensuring timely achievement and progression into employment, apprenticeship or further education complying with ESF Contract Deliverable requirements.
- Develop Schemes of Work, Session plans and Individual Learning Plans for the delivery of Entry Level to Level 2 non-regulated Programmes, qualifications and Functional Skills.
- Assess work submitted within an e-portfolio and paper-based workbooks.
- Carry out regular progress reviews with learners, completing documentation as required and identifying any additional learning and support needs that may arise.
- Comply with quality standards including matrix, Ofsted Education Inspection Framework, European Social Fund (ESF) and Education Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) funding rules.
What we're looking for:
- Assessor qualification (D32/33, A1 Assessor Award or TAQA Certificate in Assessing the Quality of Assessment)
- NVQ or QCF Diploma Level 3 or above in the subject area
- Experience of supporting young people to gain positive outcomes
- Experience of teaching and assessing non-regulated and QCF/RQF qualifications
- Industry experience in the relevant sector
- Experience of using e-portfolio systems for assessment
- Evidence of continued professional development - Essential
- Experience of ESF contract delivery
- A relevant teaching qualification (PTLLS, CTLLS, DTLLS Education and Training Award Level 3 or 4, Cert. Ed)
Entrust is a joint venture company between Capita and Staffordshire County Council and has supported educational establishments across England to improve outcomes since 2013. ‘Excellence in education’ is the heart of our business. Our passion is inspiring futures and improving outcomes for children, young people and adults. We work in partnership with schools, academy trusts and Local Authorities to provide specialist expertise, ensuring every child and young person;
- receives a good education;
- is in a safe and healthy environment;
- and is given expert guidance to realise their full potential.
We also work with clients across a range of other sectors including central government, health, and the private sector.
Our achievements are underpinned by our vision ‘to inspire futures’ by being open, ingenious, collaborative and effective. By building on our reputation for excellence and delivering what we promise, we want to help make every school in England a good school, ensuring every child and young person gets the education they deserve.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive hourly rate with flexible hours
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You’ll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you’ll do next:
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Capita colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working from Capita’s offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we’re doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time.