Chef Manager (Maple Court Academy)
Executive Principal: Mrs L Brammer
Required: As Soon As Possible
Level 6, 35 Hours per week, Term Time Only
Actual Salary, £19,869
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding, experienced Chef Manager to lead our team at Maple Court Academy. The successful candidate will need to be flexible in this role as you will be expected to support the Trust Hospitality Manager in the efficient and smooth operations of all our Academies within the Alpha Academies Trust and deputise in this absence.
We need someone who:
- Has industry wide experience of large scale catering. Taking full responsibility of our catering business with the support of our Alpha Academies Trust Hospitality Manager;
- Will ensure the highest standards for the Academies dining experience;
- Possesses the leadership ability to grow the catering business without compromising the standards that we demand;
- Has passion for delivering top quality, healthy balanced meals with fresh ingredients;
- The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to use their skills in Academies across the Trust and as the Trust grows further there will be additional opportunities for career development and pay progression;
- The ability to lead, train and mentor your team to achieve the highest standards and enhance their skills;
- Promote health and safety policies and procedures throughout including H.A.C.C.P;
- Can work to a budget, and provide weekly trading reports including food and labour costs.
- Have a can do attitude and be able to work within a busy site;
- Good team player;
- Outstanding Management skills;
- Experience as a chef in a busy environment;
- Well organised;
- Able to motivate staff and be a strong leader;
- Excellent customer service skills in building relationships;
- Strong financial awareness of the business;
- Be passionate about food and always work to very high standards.
The Alpha Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all its employees and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service along with other stringent vetting and induction processes.
If you feel that the position is of an interest and you have the right experience and skills and are ready for fresh challenges, then we would love to hear from you. For an application form and recruitment pack please see our website, https://alphaacademiestrust.co.uk/vacancies/ Should you need any further information regarding your application please contact our Recruitment Team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Alpha Academies Trust requires an application form to be completed, please note CV’s alone will not be accepted.
Closing Date for this Post: Monday 19th April 2021 at 9:00am
Interview Date: To be confirmed