Head of Primary Phase
3 days left
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Washwood Heath Academy
Telephone Number: 0121 803 2914
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For September 2021, we are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, dedicated and inspirational Primary Leader with a vision for excellence and innovation and the ability to fully embed an ‘All-through’ ethos, vision and community. Washwood Heath Academy is a relatively new All-through Academy (Primary, Secondary and Sixth Form) in the East of Birmingham. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established Leadership team, work alongside Senior Leaders from different phases of the academy and contribute to developing an Academy that provides a first class education and pastoral care for all of its learners. Washwood Heath is an incredibly unique and special community and the Primary phase has experienced a challenging few years while it transitioned from temporary accommodation into a new build but we are very proud of the resilience and spirit that we have seen across our Primary community. We are looking for an ambitious Head of Primary phase to continue leading our Primary provision forward through the next stages of our journey to Outstanding. As a Head of Primary phase, you will have the ability to lead others, to continue to invest fully in the personal, academic, and cultural capital of all pupils providing them with a range of experiences and knowledge in order that they can engage with all sections of society and community, academically, intellectually and socially. We are part of the Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust which is a family of local schools located within 15 minutes of one another: 4 Primary schools, 2 Secondary schools and 1 All-through school. This will give you the opportunity to grow and develop professionally with a fantastic Academy Trust that is very supportive and collaborative with a strong sense of community. We are looking for an inspirational leader who puts children at the heart of everything that they do, who wants to influence and drive the future development of education in our Primary phase and who can demonstrate our ‘Hearts’ values and embrace ‘The Washwood Way’.
We can offer you:
• a welcoming and positive school with children who are respectful and willing to learn
• a school that is fully dedicated to developing every child to reach their potential, irrespective of their ability
• a supportive and forward thinking Leadership team, consisting of ‘Leaders that know their school very well’ Ofsted 2020
• a supportive and forward thinking Core Team of Directors and Trustees
• a dynamic, dedicated and hard-working team of teachers and support staff who want the best for children
• confident, friendly and aspirational children who are willing to learn
• a commitment to your continued professional development and wellbeing
• opportunities to work collaboratively with Senior Leaders from across the Multi Academy • opportunities to contribute to the development of a growing organisation and Trust-wide improvement initiatives
• be part of the Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust that provides a full suite of benefits and rewards to support wellbeing including 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme, access to wellbeing advice, cycle to work scheme,contribution to glasses for DSE users
• Onsite parking
• a wonderful opportunity to make your own mark
This post is suitable for a senior leader currently looking to take on the challenge of leadership of a Primary setting or someone who is already an established Head of Primary but needs a new challenge. Informal conversations are warmly welcomed. Please contact Dawn Murtagh (PA to Head of Academy at: email@example.com.
It is hoped that interviews will take place w/c Monday 26 April 2021.
N.B. CVs will not be accepted.
Closing Date: 20 April 2021, 9am
Application Packs are available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or from the Eteach website. Return completed application forms to: email@example.com.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.