Assistant Head Teacher with Senco and EYFS responsibility
2 days left
Salary: Leadership Range Scale 1-5
Hours: Full time
Term of contract: Permanent
Required From: September 2021
An opportunity has arisen for a suitably qualified candidate to apply for the role of Assistant Headteacher at Fladbury First School. The successful candidate will take on the role of Senco and also lead our Early Years department to include our Pre School.
So if you are a qualified SENCO ready for your next challenge, we want to hear from you! Candidates should be experienced teachers, with a proven track record of excellence in the classroom. This position has a teaching commitment of 0.8 in our Reception/Year 1 class
As a “Good” (Ofsted 2018) and “Outstanding” (SIAMS 2016) School we can offer:
- · Exceptionally well behaved children who enjoy their school and are motivated to learn
- · Dedicated staff who are hardworking and passionate towards their roles and responsibilities
- Supportive parents with strong Church community links
- A commitment to your continuing professional development and career progression
The successful candidate will:
- Become a member of the SLT and take responsibility for EYFS (including Pre School) and SEND across the school
- Support the Christian ethos of our school
- Be an outstanding individual committed to ensuring the children within their care achieve and make good progress
- Have high expectations for children’s progress and achievement
- Take an innovative and creative approach to curriculum planning
- Have a passion for developing children’s skills in reading, writing and mathematics
- Have a secure knowledge of the new Early Years Foundation Stage framework.
- Have experience of a leadership role
- Have previous experience of a First School setting
- Keep up to date with local and national developments to continually seek new and exciting opportunities to reshape and refine our provision
- Be able to relate to parents, governors and the wider community demonstrating excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be organised and efficient, dedicated and committed.
- Have excellent behaviour management strategies
Safeguarding Recruitment Statement:
Fladbury is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff at Fladbury to share this commitment. The successful applicant’s appointment will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced criminal record check cleared by the Disclosure and Barring Service, 2 references and medical clearance.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged and if shortlisted we would ideally like to visit you in your setting (COVID compliant of course).
Please contact the school secretary Mrs Heather Edwards to arrange to visit us. Tel 01386 860301 Only shortlisted candidates will be informed of an interview.
Applications to be received by email only to the office email address using the Local Authority Teaching Appointment Application Form. firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Wednesday 21st April 2021
Interview date: Wednesday 28th April 2021