St. John the Evangelist Catholic Academy The Avenue Kidsgrove, ST7 1AE Telephone 01782 987200 E Mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Web address http://stjohnsnewman.co.uk/
Key Stage Two CLASS TEACHER required for September 2021 for 1 year initially.
This is a full-time Position within KS2 until 31 August 2022 in the first instance.
St. John the Evangelist Catholic Academy is part of the Newman Catholic Collegiate. The Directors are seeking to appoint a hardworking, committed and dynamic teacher to join our enthusiastic team. The position is for a class teacher within our Key Stage Two. St. John’s is rated good by Ofsted and we are looking for a practitioner to complement our present teaching team. Although temporary at first the position could be made permanent if successful induction is completed.
The successful applicant will have:
- an understanding of, and commitment to, Catholic education;
- the ability to demonstrate high quality learning and teaching;
- high expectations of children’s achievement and behaviour;
- a commitment to a high quality learning environment to enthuse pupils in their learning;
- works well within a team and is committed to their own professional development;
- a creative approach to teaching that leads to High Standards of Achievement in all areas.
At St. John’s we can offer you:
- a full programme of induction;
- a friendly and supportive welcome;
- opportunities to develop through continuous professional development;
- a positive climate in which you can develop new ideas and initiatives;
- support from an enthusiastic and dynamic team at this and other schools within the collegiate.
St. John the Evangelist Catholic Academy is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all its employees to share this commitment. This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Amendment Order 1986 and, as such, it will be necessary for a Submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions
If candidates would like to visit the school please contact the office where arrangements can be made. Alternatively a telephone call or remote meeting can be arranged with the Principal or Vice Principal.
Applications from Newly Qualified teacher are encouraged. Application packs are available from Mrs S Walklet, Academy Manager, St. John the Evangelist Catholic Academy, The Avenue, Kidsgrove, Stoke-on-Trent. ST7 1AE.
Tel: 01782 987200 and also on the school’s Website:
For further information about this post, or to arrange a school visit, please contact
Mrs H Rigby, Principal or Mr P Turner, Vice Principal
Closing date for all applications: Friday 30th April 2021
Interviews: Week Beginning 10th May 2021.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post is subject to DBS disclosure. Potential candidates are welcome to visit the school by appointment.
The post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced check by the Disclosure Barring Service.
To comply with Asylum and Immigration legislation you will be required (if appointed) to provide one or more documents from the Immigration Act 2006 - List A and B. You must provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom and valid permission to do the type of work offered. Further information is available at: www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/employers/