Senior Family Support
Role: Senior Family Support Worker
Team: Intensive Prevention Service
Location: Stafford (working across the county)
Salary: Grade 7 - £23,541- £27,041 plus essential car user allowance
Working Pattern: 37 Hours per week | Fixed Term Contract until December 2021 | internal secondment opportunity
This role would be working within the Intensive Prevention Service and is part of Staffordshire’s Edge of Care Service.
The work we do is crucial in terms of prevention because we support children and young people who are at risk of becoming cared for by the County Council to remain in their home. We also support children to return home after a period of short or long-term care. We play a huge part in ensuring that those children and young people with the greatest level of need are supported before things escalate. Our team works in partnership with Social Work teams, Early Help Teams and other professionals including voluntary organisations.
Within this role you’ll be supporting children and their families by working directly with them but also by coordinating the work of other professionals to offer them additional support. The work you do with families will have a real impact and will be the difference that gives our children those much needed positive outcomes.
What we’ll need from you
For this role we’ll need you to have:
- Significant experience of working with children / young people and their families within the community, delivering a variety of interventions/direct work to address the presenting issues.
- Great communication skills so you can adapt your style dependent on whether your talking to a child, parent, or colleague.
- Driving license and transport so you can easily conduct all your visits.
There is also an expectation within this post that you are able to work flexibly, including evenings and weekends on a rota basis. This will be reflected in your salary where two additional increments will be paid.
We’ve created a supportive working environment here at Staffordshire County Council because we recognise the benefits of enabling our employees to achieve their full potential whilst enjoying a healthy work-life balance. We’ve achieved this by offering more flexible working practices and supplying the tools and equipment to enable more smart and agile working.
And here’s just some of the benefits we have here at Staffordshire:
- Generous holiday entitlement from 24 up to 33 days (plus 2 extra statutory days and bank holidays) depending on job role and length of service
- The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave
- A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement
- Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave
- An excellent local government pension scheme
- Volunteering Scheme
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services)
- Eye care vouchers
- Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme
- Bus and rail travel discounts
So, how do I apply?
Just click on the ‘Apply’ button. If you do have technical issues please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and the team will help you.
Closing Date: 18th April 2021
Interviews will be held virtually and via team’s week commencing 26th April 2021
For more information about the role, an informal discussion or should you have any requirements to assist you in applying for this role please contact: Kirsten.email@example.com or 07815 999 066 for an informal discussion.
Internal candidates: Permission from your line manager will need to be agreed prior to applying for the secondment.
Our recruitment process
As you’ll know safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people/vulnerable adults is important to us and that’s why this position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service. If applicable you should disclose details of unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.
How will we store your details?
By submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here