Class Teacher, ASD Specialist
7 days left
Hours: Full time
Contract Type: Permanent
High Point Academy
Friar Park Road
Phone: 0121 566 6690
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Start Date: September 2021
High Point Academy specialises in the education of secondary-aged pupils with autism and moderate learning difficulties. The School has high standards of teaching and learning and is committed to ensuring that all pupils achieve their full potential.
We are looking for a highly effective creative and inspirational classroom practitioner to join High Point Academy, part of Forward Education Trust, a rapidly growing Multi Academy Trust established in 2017 serving special schools across the West Midland area. The successful candidate will be a highly skilled classroom teacher who is enthusiastic and
motivated to help our students develop and reach their full potential.
The successful candidate will:
• Have previous teaching experience and skills of working with children across at least two key stages including the secondary phase.
• Have experience of working with children with complex autism and communication difficulties
• Have QTS status
• Be a team player
We can offer you:
• A commitment to support you in developing new skills through a wide range of professional development opportunities and experiences.
• The opportunity to make a huge contribution to the education and lives of children who respond very positively to high quality teaching and support.
• A friendly and inclusive working environment.
You will offer us:
• Your considerable skill as an outstanding teacher who has experience of working with children with special needs.
• Your commitment to engaging and inspiring our pupils, and the ability to make a real difference to their learning and general well-being.
• Your flexibility, commitment and excellent interpersonal skills.
If you feel you possess these qualities, are passionate about working alongside pupils with SEND and would like to shape their futures at a progressive school, then we would like to hear from you.
Closing Date: 22 April 2021, 23:59pm
Applicants should apply at www.fet.ac/vacancies
Please note that only applications received via our application portal will be accepted, we will not read accompanying CVs. Enhanced DBS clearance, Disqualification (regulations) 2009, and prohibition checks if overseas trained. Certificate of good conduct will need to be obtained if applicable prior to interview. If you do not hear from the school within 14 days of returning your application form to us, please assume that your application has not been shortlisted.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.