Worcestershire County Council has an exciting opportunity for two Advanced Professionals to join the Adult Safeguarding Team.
We are recruiting for 2 permanent roles, based at County Hall, Worcester. The posts are:
- 1x 37 hours per week posts (£35,745 - £38,890)
- 1x 27.5 Hours per week (£26,567 - £28,904)
We are a great team of experienced workers who work within a joint MASH (Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub). We are embedding a strengths based approach working on safety planning with adults to enable and empower them to achieve their outcomes.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing a caseload of Adult Safeguarding cases.
- Deciding what action is required and whether the S42 criteria are met.
- Ensuring risk is assessed and safety plans are put in place.
- Embedding Making Safeguarding Personal and ensuring outcomes are identified.
- Joint working within the MASH and wider agencies & organisations.
You will require:
- A professional qualification in a relevant field eg Social Work Degree, or other equivalent qualification.
- Advanced expertise and knowledge with Adult Safeguarding issues
- Experience and knowledge of strengths-based approach
- Experience of supervising staff.
- Experience of chairing meetings.
- Experience of critically analysing and evaluating information from a range of sources
- Expert knowledge of the requirements of the Care Act 2014 and other relevant legislation and practice guidance.
Worcestershire County Council works hard to provide an environment to support and inspire you. We are a Disability Confident Employer, offering a range of employee wellbeing resources and a learning and personal development package. Flexible working is well established and supported. Other benefits include a great holiday entitlement and discounts at a number of restaurants, shops and gym membership
Applications can be submitted by sending a copy of your up to date CV and an expression of interest detailing what makes you a suitable candidate for the post (2 sides A4 max) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 14th April 2021
Proposed interview date: 23rd April 2021 This will be a virtual interview via Microsoft Teams.