Senior Lunchtime Supervisory Assistant - St James CE Primary
3 days left
We are looking to appoint a Senior Lunchtime Supervisory Assistant to lead the existing team of Lunchtime Supervisory Assistant staff. The post is from 11:30am to 1:30pm term time only. The position may require additional hours for training, special lunch arrangements etc. for which additional payment will be made. 10.00 hours per week
The successful candidate will:
Manage staff and be aware of how to ensure the safety and welfare of pupils.
- Ensure that the school Behaviour Policy is followed.
- Look at the wellbeing of pupils, including the co-ordination of first aid at lunchtime.
- Organise staff rotas and organise absence cover.
- Encourage active play and learning activities.
- Check equipment is safe, and restock as necessary.
- Prepare suitable activity material for wet play, in discussion with the head teacher.
- Ensure that you and your staff understand school policies, particularly behaviour management,
- Child protection, anti-bullying, health and safety etc.
- Have good organisational and communication skills.
- Be able to take the initiative and deal with unexpected situations.
- Regularly liaise with the Senior Leadership Team.
Additional Information & How to Apply
To apply, please download an application form from below or email or telephone the school for an electronic application pack. Applications should be returned to the school via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by posting to the school address for the attention of Mrs L Barrett, Business Manager.
Visits to the school are welcome, please telephone the school office to make arrangements on 01215525491
Closing Date for applications is 12 noon on Tuesday 20th April 2021.
Interviews and related task will take place on Thursday 21st April 2021 during the afternoon.
If you have any questions regarding the post please do not hesitate to contact the school.
St James C E Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role
This post requires a Children’s Barring List Check. If you are barred from working with children you are breaking the law if you apply for this post
Please ensure application forms are signed if sending via email.
If you are successful in being short-listed for interview, you will be contacted via email within 28 working days of the closing date. Please ensure you check your junk/spam boxes as well as your inbox incase any correspondence has been delivered there.
HOURS: 10hrs per week - 11.30am - 1.30pm Monday to Friday, term time only
GRADE: Grade D – Spinal Column Point 9 – 17 - £20,903 - £24,491 (pro-rata - this is the full time salary which will be reduced based on the hours and weeks worked). Hourly rate £10.83 - £12.69
LOCATION: St James CofE Primary, Wolverley Crescent Oldbury West Midlands B69 1BG
CLOSING DATE: Tuesday 20th April 2021 at 12:00 noon