Assistant Head Teacher (Abbey Hill School & College)
5 days left
Assistant Head Teacher
Abbey Hill School & College is a successful and over-subscribed special school meeting the needs of children and young people with learning difficulties, communication & interaction difficulties and/or Autistic Spectrum Conditions
Our governors are seeking to employ a senior leader with the experience and knowledge to lead the school in its development of its Connect and AS provision. This post is a newly created position and an exciting opportunity to help develop the school’s future needs and further development within the local, national and international context.
The successful applicant will:
- Be responsible for teaching and managing pupil learning particularly in our Connect and autism support classes.
- Lead in the development, organisation and implementation of the Connect and AS curriculum offers.
- Lead and support staff in all aspects of the Outreach and Training service and be responsible for the growth and development of this service.
- Co-ordinate the continued professional development of staff
- Leadership & management experience in a school
- Demonstrable experience of line management and staff development
- Extensive experience of delivering CPD, training, and developing staff.
- Experience of excellent classroom practice, particularly demonstrating strong practice in autism.
In return we can offer you a comprehensive induction, continuing CPD and an opportunity to work alongside our committed and supportive staff.
We are unable to offer informal visits at this time so if you are interested in applying please contact the school office for an application pack and more details about the vacancies by phone 01782 882882 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
More information on the school can be found on our website