Tel: 01384 816165
Salary: Group 6: £83,971 - £97,273 (L29 - L35)
Start Date: September 2021
Contract Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Due to the promotion of the current post holder, the Governors of Summerhill School are seeking to appoint an inspirational Headteacher, who will strategically drive the school forward into its next stage of development. Summerhill is an oversubscribed, high performing 11-16 Local Authority Maintained School within the town of Kingswinford.
You will have:
- Big ideas on how to drive the school forward into the future in an inspirational yet empathetic way
- The ability to inspire and motivate teams as well as lead by example
- A strong understanding of school improvement
- Strong strategic 'big picture' leadership that consistently strives to gain the best for each and every student
- Excellent communication skills and a visible presence for all stakeholders
- The ability to build relationships with parents, other schools and the wider community.
- Adept skills to challenge and support in equal measure
- The ability to set and deliver aspirational targets and high-quality innovative curriculum provision which meets the needs and interests of our students
We can offer:
- Wonderful students who are keen to learn
- Dedicated, committed and enthusiastic staff
- A proactive and supportive governing body
- A positive, caring and supportive school ethos
- An opportunity to work in a modern learning environment
School visits will be taking place on:
- Wednesday 31 March 2021 at 9:00am
- Thursday 1 April 2021 at 9:00am and 11:15am
- Monday 19 April 2021 at 12:00pm and 2:00pm (INSET Day, no students in school)
- Tuesday 20 April 2021 at 9:00am, 11:15am and 2:00pm
Please contact the Headteacher’s PA, Keeley Stone, on 01384 816165 ext. 0373 (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to arrange a visit, or for an informal conversation with Martyn Palfreyman, current Headteacher.
Closing date for completed applications is 9am on Wednesday 21 April 2021.
Interviews are scheduled for Wednesday 28 Thursday 29 April 2021.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children; therefore the post is subject to medical clearance and an enhanced DBS check.
N.B. We reserve the right to close this vacancy prior to the advertised date should we receive a large number of applications.
Online application forms will only be accepted for this vacancy, online facilities for jobs are available at public libraries within the Dudley Borough.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
If you are experiencing a problem whilst applying for a position, please follow the link below to the WM Jobs Help Page in the first instance; https://www.wmjobs.co.uk/staticpages/20563/help/
If the WM Jobs Help Page does not resolve your issue then please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
Dudley Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at http://www.dudley.gov.uk/