We have an exciting opportunity for a Reprographics Assistant to join our Administration/IT team. You will deliver an efficient reprographics service for staff and students, producing high quality documents and resources. It is vital that you are able to work on your own initiative in a busy reprographics department, juggle priorities to ensure the correct work is being deployed on time. You will be responsible for planning and supervising the work of reprographics, including photocopying, design and production of resources to support teaching and learning
To ensure the provision of general teaching support facilities, i.e. reprographics and basic ICT support as required.
- To provide a reprographics facility
- To provide basic ICT support when required
- Receive and process reprographics requests. Operate all equipment, i.e. offset-litho, spirit and ink duplicators, photocopiers, etc.
- Undertake the collation, punching, stapling and /or binding of completed material.
- Mock up and printing of letters once approved by the Vice Principal, ensuring that procedures for approval and sign for all general letters leaving the Academy are followed.
- Answer enquiries and assist staff in the compilation and preparation of reprographics.
- Ensure the adoption of most cost-effective method.
- Advise on general graphics and reprographics;
- Monitor copyright procedures and keep up to date logs of information and data to ensure that service levels are met and that accurate records are kept.
- Ensure the satisfactory day to day maintenance of machinery and equipment, undertaking simple maintenance as appropriate and reporting damage as necessary.
- Plan and ensure the maintenance and repair of source equipment in order to ensure minimal disruption in provision of service to users.
- Maintain adequate levels of stocks in all areas, including stationery, placing orders as necessary.
- Complete necessary paperwork to inform departmental heads of resources used and cost implications.
- Assist with training and daily supervision of any students on placement in the section.
- Demonstrate to and advise staff on the correct use of equipment and materials as required.
- Ensure the maintenance of accurate and up to date inventories of equipment and stock items and keep logs as necessary.
- Any other duties that are allocated by the Senior ICT Technician.
Basic ICT Support
- Provide basic technical assistance to the ICT support department.
- Carry out basic maintenance on computer hardware.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- An understanding of reprographics technology.
- IT and administration skills including good keyboard skills.
- Literate – excellent standard of grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – able to deal with a variety of people with good communication skills.
- Good time management skills – be able to prioritise work.
- Ability to relate well to children and adults.
- Ability to relate to students in a pleasant and sympathetic manner.
- Able to operate effectively as a member of a team and with minimum supervision.
- Willingness to undertake training.
- Experience of working within a school environment.
- Copying and binding printed materials.
- Programming instructions into the copying equipment.
- Administrative tasks like recording job details and ordering supplies.
Qualifications and training
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent, including Maths and English.
- ICT qualifications, e.g. word processing, desktop publishing.
- A methodical and well organised approach to work.
- The ability to follow job instructions. The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work within school policies in relation to Equal Opportunities, Safeguarding, Health & Safety etc.
- Willingness to contribute to the wider life of the school.
How to apply:
Please read through the information in the pack carefully and please do not hesitate to contact the Academy if you would like to arrange a pre application visit – we strongly welcome this. If you cannot make a visit, then please feel free to phone us to talk about the post.
Visits to the school or an informal confidential discussions can be arranged via Nicole Chapman at Nicolechapman@graceacademy.org.uk or on 02476 589 000.
You should ensure that you have completed all sections of the application form. Please submit your letter of application with no more than two A4 sides, plus your application form to Nicole Chapman via email at Nicolechapman@graceacademy.org.uk by 12:00pm on 16th April 2021