Year 1 Teacher
3 days left
Washwood Heath Academy
Phone Number: 0121 803 2914
Email Address: email@example.com
Job Start Date: September 2021
Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending with us at Washwood Heath Primary.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, hardworking and committed Year 1 Teacher. This post has come at an exciting time within the development of Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust. Washwood Heath Primary is a relatively new phase of the All-through Washwood Heath Academy and areas of the Academy, including the Primary provision,
were recognised as ‘Good’ in our recent Ofsted Inspection, (March 2020). Washwood Heath Academy became an All-Through Academy in 2017 for pupils across the age range of 4-18 years. The Primary Phase is continuing its curriculum development, including developing and embedding of a knowledge rich curriculum. The successful candidate will be working within the Primary phase, within our new purpose-built Primary building which opened in March 2019.
This All-through Academy has a strong focus on evidence-based research and is involved in different research pilots.
During our recent Ofsted Inspection, was reported that:
‘This is a school for everyone. Staff work hard to support pupils who are new to the school or who have particular needs.
Pupils respect different cultures and traditions and get along well with each other. Pupils, particularly in the primary phase, display a good level of independence for their age. Leaders know their school very well. They use research to help it to improve. Leaders check carefully on the impact of their decisions.’
In the Washwood Heath Primary phase we will give our children the skills and experiences to enable them to:
• be confident, independent and active learners
• experience success and do even better than they thought they could
• continue their journey towards a full, successful and happy adult life
• be the learners of today becoming the leaders of tomorrow
We are a thriving school and we embrace our whole school community and admit any child living in our area regardless of gender, social, ethnic, religious background or disability.
You will be able to:
• help develop a positive ethos within the primary phase in accordance with our vision for the development
• hold a passion for making learning fun, exciting and challenging at the same time
• provide inclusive education and raise standards
• provide a visible and respected presence to pupils, parents, carers and staff
• lead by example, embrace adversity and hold positive values
• show a passion for writing and the English language in order to support pupils who have additional language requirements
• offer an excellent induction programme within a friendly and supportive environment
• offer a whole range of opportunities to further develop colleagues’ teaching skills and
leadership potential, including a Supportive NQT Induction Process & Policy, Career Pledge for Teachers to support at each stage of career, paid opportunities to upskill via apprenticeship levy (right up to masters level)
• are creative and innovative in our approach to all aspects of school life
• have motivated, vibrant, multi ethnic students and staff
• have a strong family ethos where individuals are respected and valued
• are part of the Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust that provides a full suite of benefits and rewards to support wellbeing including 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme, access to wellbeing advice, cycle to work scheme, contribution to glasses for DSE users.
• offer on site parking
NB This post may be suitable for an NQT but permanency would be dependent on passing their induction year. If passed, the post will be made permanent.
If you can demonstrate that you possess the necessary experience, knowledge and qualifications and aspire to our vision and values then we would like to hear from you.
Informal conversations are warmly welcomed. Please contact Gareth Newman, Acting Head of Primary Phase, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 19 April 2021, 10am
Further information about the school, the post and how to apply
can be found on the E-Teach website or by contacting email@example.com
Return completed application forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB CVs will not be accepted.
Washwood Heath Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants, qualifications check and at least 2 current references will be required.