Teacher of RS - John Taylor High School
Teacher of RS
John Taylor High School
Barton under Needwood
mixed 11-18 comprehensive with approximately 1600 students on roll
including approximately 380 Post 16
Full Time, Temporary, Maternity cover
John Taylor High School has a vision of one community, striving for personal excellence based on four key values of respect, perseverance, kindness and integrity. As a partner academy in JTMAT, we are seeking to appoint a temporary Teacher of RS.
You will be expected to teach across all age and ability ranges. This includes KS3, GCSE Religious Studies and A Level Philosophy, Religion and Ethics.
The successful applicant will have a confident understanding of the RS curriculum and current trends in teaching within this area. They will have the ability to inspire and challenge students through their passion and knowledge.
The successful candidate will be:
• An excellent teacher with an ability to motivate pupils of all abilities to make progress.
• Able to teach RS at GCSE and Philosophy, Religion and Ethics at A level (essential) to a very high standard with excellent subject knowledge.
• Positive in outlook and believe in the power of education to improve children’s lives.
• A team player prepared to work with colleagues and share ideas and resources to continue to move the department forward.
• Passionate as an RS teacher and keen to inspire their classes and the school.
• Have a thorough understanding of current developments and issues in the teaching of the subject and wider profession.
• Committed to their own continuing professional development and contribute towards that of others.
• Innovative and committed to develop solutions to raising achievements.
• Knowledgeable of how assessment for learning, target setting, and department improvement planning can raise achievement.
• Committed to equal opportunities and the safeguarding of children.
• Hardworking, committed, reliable and enthusiastic.
As a successful Teaching School and newly designated Hub (September 2021), SCITT and Research School, John Taylor High School prides itself on being able to offer a wealth of developmental and leadership opportunities for staff. If you have a passion for excellence and share our vision, we can offer you the opportunity to be part of a successful and progressive Trust, which is committed to ensuring learning is at the heart of all we do.
This Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced disclosure and barring service check is a requirement of this post. A copy of our Safeguarding Policy is available to view on our website.
Only fully completed application forms to Recruitment@jths.co.uk are to be submitted for shortlisting.
Please review our Recruitment Pack on the school website
before submitting your application.
Closing Date: 9am Thursday 22nd April
Interview date: Thursday 29th April (provisionally)