Teacher - Berkswich CE Primary School
- Are you an excellent KS2 teacher who promotes lively and engaging learning experiences?
- Have you the commitment, skills and passion needed to enable every child to learn and achieve their full potential?
- Do you share our Christian values and have a desire for every child to flourish?
- Are you highly reflective - continuously striving to develop your own learning and ready to take the next step in your journey to leadership?
The role: The governors of Berkswich CE Primary School are seeking to appoint an excellent KS2 teacher from September 2021. We warmly welcome applications from NQTs and can offer an exceptional induction process for the successful candidate as part of the Early Careers Framework. Our entire team at Berkswich CE is passionate about learning and we have a successful track-record of developing outstanding teachers and leaders through high-quality mentoring, rich learning experiences and extensive CPD.
Salary: Teachers’ Pay Range - Main Scale M1 – M6 (£25,714 - £36,961).
‘The headteacher engenders very high levels of respect and approval from staff, pupils and parents. Staff morale and relationships within the school are exceptionally positive.’ Ofsted
Berkswich CE Primary is a successful school situated on the outskirts of Stafford in a semi-rural environment. It is an extremely friendly and welcoming community school. The school has delightful and enthusiastic children; we are constantly praised by visitors for the high standard of behaviour across all classes. Berkswich is very well-supported by parents, governors and the Parish. Our latest Outstanding Ofsted report noted that, ‘Leaders, including governors, share a clear, ambitious vision for the school, based on very high aspirations and expectations. The school ethos, ‘We believe, we achieve, we care’, reflects the strong commitment to the Christian principles which are at the heart of the school.’
We are looking for someone who:
- is an outstanding classroom practitioner with an excellent knowledge of the curriculum
- works within the Christian values and ethos of the school
- can use their understanding of, and commitment to, the learning process to impact every learner
- maintains the highest levels of safeguarding for all children and develops a safe, purposeful and rich environment to optimise learning
- takes responsibility and uses on-going assessments to measure progress and adapt teaching and learning
- builds strong, positive relationships with all stakeholders
- is open to new ideas regarding educational thinking and research
- contributes to the school values and, therefore, the learning culture of the school’s children and staff
- is self-reflective and continuously strives to improve practice, impacting the wider school
In return, we can offer:
- children who are respectful, happy and work hard with resilience and tenacity
- highly committed and friendly staff
- a culture where all teachers delight in learning, and children’s interests and imaginations are captured
- a commitment to high-quality professional development, including opportunities to develop as a leader
- opportunities for excellent coaching to nurture professional skills in an environment where new teachers, or those with experience, can flourish and progress along their career path
- opportunities to gain wider professional experiences as part of our inspirational, outward-looking team
- a supportive and encouraging governing board
Potential applicants are welcome to view the school in line with our COVID-19 Safety regulations. The office will update applicants on the COVID-19 risk assessments and safety measures in place for visitors. Please view our website for further information about our school: www.berkswichceprimary.co.uk
Application forms are available online, together with further information about the post. All completed application forms are to be returned to the school via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on Wednesday 21st April at 12pm and interviews will be held on Wednesday 28th April. As part of the recruitment process, we may visit applicants in their own setting for a short lesson observation; this is dependent on COVID-19 regulations.
School Contact Details
Berkswich CE Primary School, Cedar Way, Walton-on-the-Hill, Stafford ST17 0LU
(01785) 337360, www.berkswichceprimary.co.uk
Berkswich CE Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post will be subject to enhanced Disclosure and Debarring Service checks.