Design and Technology Teacher - Burton Borough School
Burton Borough School
Design and Technology Teacher 1.0 - NQTs/MPS/UPS
Required from September 2021
Burton Borough is a vibrant and inclusive mixed Community School of 1157 students, situated on the Shropshire/ Staffordshire border within the pleasant market town of Newport. We were awarded the Gold Mental Health Award from the Carnegie School of Mental Health in April 2019 and are the first school in England to be recognised by Public Health England for the work we do in this area. Our location provides easy access to/ from Shrewsbury, Stafford, Telford and Wolverhampton. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake a DBS enhanced clearance for the school.
• The Design and Technology Department consists of three main subject areas: Design and Technology; Food Preparation & Nutrition and Child Development.
• From September we will have four Design and Technology GCSE classes in KS4 (AQA), four Food Preparation and Nutrition GCSE classes (EDUQAS) and two Child Development Classes (OCR Cambridge National)
• Pupils are on a termly carousel system at KS3 (years 7-9) covering Food Preparation and Nutrition, Textiles, CAD/CAM and Product Design/Resistant Materials.
We are seeking to appoint a teacher who:
• Can teach across a range of specialisms.
• Competence in the use of Information Technology within the D&T curriculum with experience of CAD/CAM.
• Has real enthusiasm for their subject and a commitment to teaching Design and Technology.
• Can deliver engaging and challenging lessons that encourage student’s innovation and develop resilience.
• Is able to instill in students a love of Design and Technology.
• Values the contributions of all students and personalises their lessons accordingly
• Contributes to the Design and Technology team, taking an active part of delivering the department intent statement.
• Recognises the value of learning beyond the classroom in enhancing the understanding and experience of the world in which we live.
• Is enthusiastic to work in a school which is held in high esteem by its parents and who want to further extend this reputation for excellence.
• Knowledge of recent developments in the teaching and assessment of DT.
• Has experience of teaching the new D&T specification at GCSE.
• A professional learning culture that is highly focused on developing your teaching craft
• A well-equipped, modern learning environment that includes a new £8 million teaching block
• A strong community ethos built through a small School System, with each School retaining a strong sense of identity
• A ‘stage not age’ attitude to career development opportunities
• A school that provides rich opportunities for extra-curricular activities including the Duke of Edinburgh Scheme, team sports, dramatic performances and an internationally acclaimed School Band
For an application form and further information please click on the links below, visit our website at www.burtonborough.org.uk, or telephone 01952 386500 or email the Principal's PA at email@example.com
For daily updates and to see what we do, follow us on Twitter or Instagram @BurtonBorough
Completed application forms to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 23rd April 2021