Computer Science/ICT/Business Enterprise Teacher - Burton Borough School
4 days left
Burton Borough School
Computer Science/ICT/Business Enterprise Teacher – NQT/MPS/UPS
1.0 FTE Required from September 2021
Burton Borough is a vibrant and inclusive mixed Community school of 1160 students, situated on the Shropshire/ Staffordshire border within the pleasant market town of Newport. We were awarded the Gold Mental Health Award from the Carnegie School of Mental Health in April 2019 and are the first school in England to be recognised by Public Health England for the work we do in this area. Our location provides easy access to/ from Shrewsbury, Stafford, Telford and Wolverhampton. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake a DBS enhanced clearance for the school.
We are seeking to appoint a teacher who:
• Is outstanding and has a real passion to be able to communicate a vision for the future of Computer/ICT/Business Studies
• Can support the development of appropriate syllabuses, resources, schemes of work, marking policies, assessment and teaching and learning strategies within the ICT/Business Studies Department.
• Data and evidence-focused with excellent attention to detail.
• Creative approach to inspiring students and delivering effective interventions
• Experience in challenging high potential students
• Has in-depth knowledge of Python plus at least one other programming language would be preferable
• Is extremely knowledgeable in ICT/Business Studies and has a real enthusiasm for their subject with experience of delivering excellent results
• Teaches engaging and challenging lessons that promote students’ abilities to learn independently and to respond effectively to feedback
• Has a passion for inspiring Enterprise within young people and a track record of Enterprise schemes
• Believes that ICT plays an important role in the development of students’ skills, knowledge and understanding
• Is able to instill in students a love of ICT/Business
• Recognises the value of learning beyond the classroom in enhancing the understanding and experience of the world in which we live.
• Is keen to work in a school which is held in high esteem by its parents and who want further to extend this reputation for excellence
• Is prepared to accept and endorse the aims and policies of the school as outlined in the accompanying documentation
• A professional learning culture that is highly focused on developing your teaching craft
• A well-equipped, modern learning environment that includes a new £8 million teaching block
• A strong community ethos built through a small School System, with each School retaining a strong sense of identity
• A ‘stage not age’ attitude to career development opportunities
• A school that provides rich opportunities for extra-curricular activities including the Duke of Edinburgh Scheme, team sports, dramatic performances and an internationally acclaimed School Band
For further information and an application form please click on the links below, visit our website at www.burtonborough.org.uk, or telephone 01952 386500 or email the Principal's PA at email@example.com
For daily updates and to see what we do, follow us on Twitter or Instagram @BurtonBorough
Completed application forms to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday 23rd April 2021