Humanities Teacher - Burton Borough School
7 days left
Burton Borough School
Humanities Teacher – NQTs/MPS/UPS
New position due to the success and expansion of the school
1.0 FTE Required from September 21
Burton Borough is a vibrant and inclusive mixed Community School of 1160 students, situated on the Shropshire/ Staffordshire border within the pleasant market town of Newport. We were awarded the Gold Mental Health Award from the Carnegie School of Mental Health in April 2019 and are the first school in England to be recognised by Public Health England for the work we do in this area. Our location provides easy access to/ from Shrewsbury, Stafford, Telford and Wolverhampton. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake a DBS enhanced clearance for the school.
We are seeking to appoint a teacher who:
Has real enthusiasm for the humanities and a commitment to teaching History, Geography and RE.
• Teaches engaging and challenging lessons that promote students’ abilities to learn independently and to respond effectively to feedback.
• Believes that humanities play an important role in the development of students’ skills, knowledge and understanding.
• Is able to contribute to the humanities team and take an active part in curriculum planning and preparation.
• Is able to instill in students a love of History, Geography and RE.
• Recognises the value of learning beyond the classroom in enhancing the understanding and experience of the world in which we live.
• Is willing to contribute to extra-curricular activities across the humanities.
• Is keen to work in a school which is held in high esteem by its parents and who want further to extend this reputation for excellence.
• Is prepared to accept and endorse the aims and policies of the school as outlined in the accompanying documentation.
• A professional learning culture that is highly focused on developing your teaching craft
• A well-equipped, modern learning environment that includes a new £8 million teaching block
• A strong community ethos built through a small School System, with each School retaining a strong sense of identity
• A ‘stage not age’ attitude to career development opportunities
• A school that provides rich opportunities for extra-curricular activities including the Duke of Edinburgh Scheme, team sports, dramatic performances and an internationally acclaimed School Band
For an application form and further information please click on the links below, visit our website at www.burtonborough.org.uk, or telephone 01952 386500 or email the Principal's PA at email@example.com For daily updates and to see what we do, follow us on Twitter or Instagram @BurtonBorough
Completed application forms to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday 23 April 2021