Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Colebourne Primary School
Phone Number: 0121 675 8500
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Start Date: 01 September 2021
we are looking to appoint a teacher who will develop and lead our new morning provision for a group of children with varying special educational needs and/ or disabilities. This is a brand-new role designed to meet the needs of children with SEND - currently from Nursery to Year 3. The
children will be taught during the mornings in a dedicated SEND room and will also be supported by a teaching assistant. During the afternoons, these children will then have lessons in their respective classrooms. The hours are negotiable (full or part time). The afternoon hours may be used as general class cover, interventions, catch-up or extended provision in the SEND hub. We are a happy, successful, and hence oversubscribed school. We are proud to provide a caring environment, which
offers challenge, support and security for children and staff, while delivering high quality learning opportunities and outcomes for children. We have a strong reputation for our Inclusive practice and high quality SEND provision. Ofsted in 2019 reconfirmed us as a GOOD school. Their comments included: “…the whole school community is engaged and motivated to do the best by the pupils you serve; pupils are excited about their learning and want to come to school regularly; Pupils spoke about the school with genuine warmth and enthusiasm;”
We are looking for a teacher who:
• Has teaching experience and skills of working with children from Early Years upwards
• Has considerable skill and/or experience of working with children with special educational needs and/or disabilities especially, autism and communication difficulties
• Is committed to engaging and inspiring our pupils and can make a real difference to their learning and general well-being
• Can adapt quickly and show strong commitment to meeting children’s individual needs
We can offer you:
• A commitment to support you in developing new skills through a wide range of professional development opportunities and experiences
• The opportunity to make a huge contribution to the education and lives of children who respond very positively to high quality teaching and support
• A friendly and inclusive working environment
If you feel you possess these qualities, are passionate about working alongside pupils with SEND and would like to shape their futures at a progressive school, then we would like to hear from you.
The successful candidate will be expected to take up the appointment at the beginning of the Autumn Term 2021. Please visit our website, www.colebourne.bham.sch.uk and read the newsletters to get a flavour of the opportunities we provide for the children and families.
We strongly encourage all candidates to visit the school if they can and this will be done in a Covid secure way. Please contact the school if you have any questions or to arrange a visit.
Closing Date: 04 May 2021,12:00 midday
Application packs are available on the school website vacancy section. Please complete the school
application form and self-disclosure form is completed in full. Application documents should be sent to email@example.com or to the school postal address.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.