School Social Worker
Barr Beacon School
For September 2021 start
We are looking to appoint a dedicated, resilient and nurturing person to join our Safeguarding Team as a qualified School Social Worker to:
- Offer support for our pupils and families to promote positive aspirations, increase self-esteem and confidence and develop strong partnerships.
- To support pupils with social, emotional and mental health difficulties.
- Prioritise safeguarding and child protection, responding appropriately to concerns raised.
- Develop relationships with other professional agencies to ensure the best access to support for the family.
- Work with individual and small groups of pupils in partnership with the Success Centre, Heads of House, SENCO and senior leaders to grow coping strategies to manage feelings, emotions and behaviours.
- Work with parents to sustain high attendance, strengthen home and school links.
- Keep comprehensive records of meetings, interventions and concerns.
We will offer you:
- A warm, welcoming and friendly whole school approach, who are committed to working together to achieve the best for every child and family.
- High quality and personalised CPD.
- A real opportunity to make a difference and be valued for the significant contribution you make.
You may want to arrange an informal look at the school for yourself, either in person or as a virtual tour. Please contact us if so. If you are already interested in joining us, visit www.barrbeaconschool.co.uk to download an application form and send it to Lynsey Draycott: LDraycott@barrbeaconschool.co.uk.