Level 3 Teaching Assistant
Hours per week: 29 to 32.5, term time only
Contract Type: Permanent
Colebourne Primary School
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 0121 675 8500
Job Start Date: 1 September 2021
We are seeking to employ a Teaching Assistant with a relevant NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent), to start on 1 September 2021 or sooner if possible.
We are a happy, successful, and hence oversubscribed school. We are proud to provide a caring environment, which offers challenge, support and security for children and staff, while delivering high quality learning opportunities and outcomes for children.
Ofsted in 2019 reconfirmed us as a GOOD school. Their comments included:
“…the whole school community is engaged and motivated to do the best by the pupils you serve; pupils are excited about their learning and want to come to school regularly; Pupils spoke about the school with genuine warmth and enthusiasm;”
The successful candidate will be based primarily in EYFS (Nursery or Reception) and become an integral part of the EYFS team. They will work with children of all abilities in a whole class setting as well as withdrawing individuals and small groups for focused support.
We are looking for a TA who:
• has had experience working in an EYFS setting;
• has the ability to effectively support the learning and emotional needs of children;
• has a positive approach and a desire to understand and to support children’s needs;
• has high level literacy and numeracy skills (equivalent to GCSE grade C or above);
• is flexible and adaptable;
• works well under direction, but also shows initiative and can take ownership of tasks;
• enjoys working as part of a team;
We can offer:
• A welcoming and friendly school with a positive ethos.
• A place to build positive relationships to support and care for children and help meet their needs.
• A supportive, enthusiastic, dedicated and highly motivated staff and governors.
• Opportunities to be part of delivering an exciting and fun curriculum.
• Engaging children who enjoy coming to school and want to do well.
• Continued professional and career development.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Closing Date: 4 May 2021, 12 noon
Application packs are available on the school website. We strongly encourage all candidates to visit the school if they can and this will be done in a Covid secure way. Please contact the school if you have any questions or to arrange a visit. Application documents to be sent to email@example.com or to the school postal address.
Please visit our website: www.colebourne.bham.sch.uk and read the newsletters to get a flavour of the opportunities we provide for the children and families.
Support Staff Roles
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
BCC is a Living Wage employer