Assistant Estates Surveyor
Assistant Estates Surveyor
Post Number: DR307
Grade F: £23,541 - £27,041 per annum
37 Hours per Week
Benefits to you:
- Fully Funded Degree Course in Property Management and Real Estate
- Essential Car User Allowance
- Payment of One Professional Fee per Annum
- Flexitime Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounted Council Leisure Centre Membership
- 22 days holiday increasing to 25 days after 5 years continuous service
- Cycle Scheme
- Free Car Parking
Cannock Chase Council has an exciting new opportunity for someone with some previous experience of property management and a keen eye for detail to train as an Estates Surveyor.
As part of the Corporate Property Team, supported by the Principal Estates Surveyor, you will be dealing with commercial property matters such as estate management, property valuations, commercial rent reviews and lease renewals. Customer service is paramount, so you will also need the ability to communicate professionally and effectively with people at all levels.
As part of this opportunity, formal training will be provided through a fully funded RICS Approved qualification in Property Management and Real Estate and hence you will need the pre-qualifications to be accepted onto this course in September 2021. The Wolverhampton University course in Property Management and Real Estate is 6 years, studied on day release. Whilst you will be given one day off per week (term time) to attend, in order to be successful on the course, you will also need to be prepared to undertake additional study in your own time.
On successful completion of the degree course it is expected that the post holder will have developed the skills, knowledge and experience to transfer into the role of qualified Estates Surveyor within the team. In addition, you will then have the option to start working towards becoming a fully chartered member of the RICS.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, the following key criteria are essential;
- Previous experience of landlord and tenant matters;
- Sufficient ‘A’ Levels or equivalent Level 3 qualifications to be accepted onto the Wolverhampton University Property Management and Real Estate undergraduate course in September 2021;
- GCSE Grade C or above in English, Maths and ICT (or equivalent Level 2 qualifications);
- ICT skills sufficient to use Microsoft Office packages and Asset Management System software in your day to day work;
- Personal transport for visiting properties throughout the district;
- Physically capable of undertaking property surveys.
For an informal discussion please contact Amanda Laight, Corporate Asset Manager or Rhiannon Holland, Principal Estates Surveyor on 01543 464526.
To apply for this vacancy online please go to https://cannock.engageats.co.uk/welcome.aspx
Alternatively, please telephone 01543 462621 or write to HR Services, Cannock Chase Council, Civic Centre, Beecroft Road, Cannock, Staffordshire, WS11 1BG or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org quoting post number DR307.
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is Friday 16th April 2021.
THE COUNCIL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER