Reception and Retail Assistant
Museums Worcestershire is the joint museum service of Worcester City and Worcestershire County Council. It comprises three fantastic venues – Worcester City Art Gallery & Museum, The Commandery and The County Museum at Hartlebury Castle.
The collections and exhibitions at our sites are many and varied, covering centuries of the county's history right up to the present day. Thousands of objects, including the historic buildings themselves, are brought to life through innovative exhibitions and events throughout the year. www.museumsworcestershire.org.uk
Worcester City Council are looking for a successful candidate to provide an excellent welcome for visitors to Worcester City Art Gallery & Museum, including Worcester City Council business visitors, as a Retail and Reception Assistant.
The post is also responsible for the Art Gallery & Museum Shop, where they will select and sell a range of merchandise appealing to visitors. All income from the shop goes to support the work of the Art Gallery & Museum.
This part-time role is 22 hours per week and you will be expected to follow a rota which includes every other Saturday.
You will have a proven track record of providing an excellent customer welcome in a similar setting.
You will have experience in running a small high-quality shop including selection of retail merchandise to appeal to specific audiences. You will be an enthusiastic salesperson, with evidence of being able to work to a delegated purchase budget whilst being mindful of annual income targets and profit margins.
You will have experience of being a key member of a small but dedicated and enthusiastic team.
Skills and experience
To be successful in the role you will...
- have experience of working in a similar retail environment where you will have been responsible for sourcing stock, visual merchandising and stock control as well as operating electronic tills, cash handling and cashing up procedures
- have excellent communications skills will help you deliver excellent customer care
- have the initiative to respond to problems and unexpected situations, always looking to provide a positive experience for the visitor
- be able to work collaboratively within a team to achieve results
- be enthusiastic about art, history and heritage and will enjoy working in one of the city’s most-visited attractions
If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you, click apply now!
This role requires you to work regular weekends, occasional evenings and very occasional Bank Holidays, as well as out-of-hours support in an emergency.
For more information please contact Helen Large, Museums Audiences Manager on email Helen.Large@worcester.gov.uk
Closing date: Sunday 25 April 2021
Interview date: Wednesday 5 May 2021