Childcare Room Leader - TV47920
7 days left
Pheasey Park Farm Early Years Centre
1 x Early Years Room Leader – May 2021 Start
Salary £19,189 pro rata
Hours of work to be between 7.30am-6.00pm Monday – Friday
Actual hours to be confirmed
Pheasey Park Farm Primary School Early Years Centre is run by the Governors of Pheasey Park Farm School. The Early Years Centre is an integral part of the school offering support for families and child-care and was cited as ‘Good’ in all areas by Ofsted in March 2017.
We are now seeking to appoint a Room Leader.
The Nursery provides full day care provision for children aged 0 months to 4 years, as well as wraparound care for 3 and 4 year olds. The Centre also provides before and after school provision for primary aged children as well as some holiday clubs.
The successful applicant will strengthen the Nursery Staff Team and contribute positively to a high-quality learning environment by leading and managing a team of staff.
Key responsibilities for the Room Leader role include:
- To organise and provide a warm, secure and stimulating learning environment for young children.
- To plan a developmentally appropriate learning programme of activities for children.
- To fulfil the responsibilities of a key person for allocated children.
- To carry out observations and assessments as required in line with the EYFS.
- To take lead responsibility for maintaining accurate records and their security in line with the Data Protection requirements for all children.
- To liaise with parents regarding the welfare, behaviour and achievements of their child.
- To assist the Centre Managers and School Leadership Team as and when required.
The person appointed will work under the direction of the Early Years Centre Manager/Senior Assistant Head Teacher.
Successful applicants will be team players and demonstrate excellent organisational, numeracy, literacy and ICT skills.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check is required for all posts prior to commencement.
Relevant medical clearance will also be required for successful candidates. Informal visits to the School and Centre are warmly welcomed.
Please contact Mrs L Smith or Miss T Ilsley, Early Years Centre Managers, to make an appointment.
Application forms and further details are available from: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Monday 26th April 2021 at 12:00pm
Short listing Date: Monday 26th April 2021 at 4:00pm
Interviews: Friday 30th April 2021