Senior (Supervisory) Science Technician - John Taylor High School
Senior (Supervisory) Science Technician
John Taylor High School
Barton under Needwood
Permanent, Full-Time, Term Time only
+ 6 inset days
Grade 6, scp 9-15
Actual Salary range £18,071 – £20,352
Required for start of summer term – 19th April 2021
mixed 11-18 comprehensive with approximately 1600 students on roll
including approximately 380 Post 16
John Taylor High School has a vision of one community, striving for personal excellence, based on four key values of respect, perseverance, kindness and integrity. As a partner academy in JTMAT, we are seeking to appoint a Senior (Supervisory) Science Technician.
The successful candidate will be:
• A dedicated individual who can provide tailored technical support to our science department.
• A committed team player with excellent organisational and technical skills.
• Able to organise, lead and motivate other staff having supervisory experience.
• Methodical with a good attention to detail.
• Experienced in a related discipline.
• Educated to NVQ3 level in Laboratory and Associated Technical Activities (LATA) Educational or NVQ3 Laboratory Technicians Working in Education or C&G Advanced Science Technician or appropriate equivalent qualification or experience is essential.
As a successful Teaching School and newly designated Hub (September 2021), SCITT and Research School, John Taylor prides itself on being able to offer a wealth of developmental and leadership opportunities for staff. If you have a passion for excellence and share our vision, we can offer you the opportunity to be part of a successful and progressive Trust, which is committed to ensuring learning is at the heart of all we do.
This Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced disclosure and barring service check is a requirement of this post. A copy of our Safeguarding Policy is available to view on our website.
Only fully completed application forms to Recruitment@jths.co.uk are to be submitted for shortlisting.
Please review our Recruitment Pack on the school website
before submitting your application.
Closing Date: 9am Friday 23rd April
Interview date: To be confirmed