Teaching Assistant Small Group and 1:1 (Hazel Slade Primary Academy)
Grade: Level 3
Salary: £9.62 per hour FTE £18,562 - £18,933 per annum
Contract Type: Temporary until 31.08.2022 in the first instance
Contract Term: Term Time Only (Fixed term - Linked to pupil)
Work Pattern: 15 hours per week, Monday - Friday. Mornings 9am-12noon
The St Bart’s Multi-Academy Trust, in partnership with Governors, staff and children of Hazel Slade Academy are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic Teaching and Learning Assistant to join our dedicated team providing 1:1 and small group support to a pupil within Key Stage 1.
At Hazel Slade Academy the children come first. High expectations, mutual trust and respect are underpinned by a warm, supportive ethos. In the best interest of our children we work very closely with our partner academies. The successful candidate will be working alongside a team of caring, enthusiastic, dedicated teachers, who are well-supported by their Senior Leadership Team.
What our school can offer:
- Brilliant children who are polite, well-behaved and love learning.
- A child centred ethos.
- An exciting curriculum that is driven by the children for the children.
- Hard working, committed staff and supportive colleagues.
- A super learning environment, indoors and outdoors, that is well resourced.
- Supportive parents and governors.
- A learning culture for all pupils and staff.
We are looking for someone who:
- Committed to the vision and values of the school
- Have a child centred approach
- Reliable and resilient
- Demonstrate experience of working with children with significant needs
- Have a knowledge of the Early Years Curriculum would be an advantage
- Support the child in line with their long, medium and short term targets as set out in their Education Health Care Plan
- Work alongside the class teacher to ensure that the child is included within all aspects of daily provision
- Write Individual Focus Plans alongside the class teacher and SENCO. Implement and evaluate the impact of these plans
- Deliver a range of strategies/interventions as discussed with the SENCO to promote progress
- Good communication skills, organised and flexible
Personal Specification: The candidate should have GCSE’s in English and Maths. Applicants should have a NVQ2 in Childcare or equivalent. Experience of Makaton and PECS would be an advantage.
Closing date for Applications is Friday, 30 April 2021 at 12pm
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 12 May 2021
The St. Bart’s Academy Trust is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of the community, regardless of gender, age, marital status, disability, ethnicity, religion, belief or sexual orientation.
The St. Bart’s Academy Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all its employees to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
Visits to the school are encouraged.
Application packs are available from the school office.
Please contact Mrs Mason / Mrs Farley on 01543 227115 for further details and to arrange a visit.
Completed applications to be returned to:
Mrs S Camacho
Hazel Slade Primary Academy
Cannock Wood Street
Telephone: 01543 227115
Please Note: You cannot apply for this vacancy via this website.