Inclusion Assistant - Hednesford Valley High School
5 days left
Inclusion Assistant - Permanent Position 37 hours per week. Term Time Only.
Hours of work – Mon, Tues +Thurs 08:30-16:30 – Wed 08:30-17:00 - Friday 08:30-15:30
To start 7th June 2021
Starting salary: £17,029 per annum
This is an exciting new opportunity for an Inclusion Assistant to join the team at Hednesford Valley
The role involves working either on a 1:1 or small groups with students who are unable to access the curriculum in school. You may need to be involved in remote tutoring via Microsoft Teams. You will initially work across the school to gain knowledge and experience of our students and the curriculum and be given a mentor. You will work in the new Learning Resource Centre (LRC) delivering aspects of the curriculum and providing pastoral support for students, as well as supporting across the school. You will be required to cover when needed.
At the end of the school day you will have time to complete marking, preparation of resources and reports of students progress or supporting in after school clubs.
We require a flexible and creative individual who:-
- Has very good numeracy/literacy skills equivalent to GCSE C and above.
- Has NVQ Level 3 for Teaching Assistants or recognized equivalent qualification.
- Has excellent communication skills with students, parents/carers and professions.
- Can use ICT to support and enhance teaching and learning.
- Can act as Cover Supervisor during the absence of teaching staff.
- This person may be involved in personal care.
- Has a passionate commitment to raising the attainment of all students in a special school.
- Has own transport and business insurance to enable travel between both sites.
We offer you: -
- A strong motivated team
- Excellent training opportunities and a mentor to support you.
If you think you could make a difference at Hednesford Valley High School and work with staff, students and Governing Body to excel, then this is the position for you.
Hednesford Valley High is a good generic secondary special school with a split site provision. Students in Year 7-11 are based at the Hednesford Valley High, Stanley Road Site, and students in Years 12-14 are based in E block at Cannock Chase High. The school caters for a wide range of students, many with more than one area of SEN. All staff are totally committed to providing excellent teaching and learning to empower students to become independent citizens of the world.
To apply for this position please download the application form below and email back to email@example.com. All documents are also available to download on the school website: www.hvh.staffs.sch.uk. If you have any queries regarding the vacancy please contact Louise Fox at SSM@hvh.staffs.sch.uk
Deadline for applications: 22/04/2021
Candidates who are shortlisted will be informed by telephone/email if possible.