Teaching Assistant Level 2 - Ref: TV00221
Brownhills Ormiston Academy
Teaching Assistant Level 2
Salary range £18562.00-£19312.00FTE
(Actual salary £13961.76-£14525.88)
32.5 hours per week, term time only + Training days
We are looking for enthusiastic teaching assistants to support and enable students to achieve across the 11-16 age range. The role requires support of individuals and small groups who have been identified as requiring additional help to improve their learning experience skills and raise attainment across all subject areas. You will work closely with The Special Needs team, together with all Departments, to prepare for, and support the student during lessons and learning activities. You may also be required to undertake supervision sessions in our Academy inclusion unit.
Applicants will possess Teaching Assistant level 2 qualification together with a minimum of GCSE Maths, English & Science A*-C or equivalent. The successful candidate will demonstrate clear communication skills and possess the ability to relate well to both students and staff. We are looking for individuals who have a very flexible and enthusiastic approach to suit the varying and sometimes complex needs of our students and be prepared to undertake any associated tasks as required. We are looking for someone who can demonstrate commitment, energy, and drive to join our team and work to provide positive learning experiences for all our students.
In return we can offer a supportive working environment where all staff are valued and where there are opportunities for professional development. The academy is willing to support the progress of the successful candidate to pursue a teacher training programme at some point in the future.
Desired skills and personal qualities:
- Be fully supportive of the ethos and values of the school.
- Be willing to learn.
- Be a positive role model in terms of dress, punctuality and attendance.
- Can organise and prioritise your own workload whilst working alone or as part of a team.
- Give attention to detail.
- Good time management.
- Have the capacity, drive, passion, and energy to succeed.
- Hold yourself to high personal standards.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Be committed to helping and supporting children from all backgrounds.
- Follow safeguarding and child protection procedures including the ability to handle confidential information.
- Have an adaptable and professional approach to the responsibilities of the post.
- Possess strong ICT skills
The closing date for this post is Friday 30th April 2021
Visit us online at www.oatcareers.co.uk where you can find further information and details on how to apply. Please note that CV’s are not accepted.
Brownhills Ormiston Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Suitability checks will be undertaken in accordance with KCSIE, including identity, Right to Work, qualifications, Prohibition check, two references and enhanced DBS check including Children’s Barred List.
This post is advertised in accordance with OAT recruitment and selection policy.
Canvassing any member of staff, or member of the Governing Body, directly or indirectly is prohibited and will be considered a disqualification.