Senior Home improvement Officer
Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council is a small Council with big values. We are committed to ensuring our services are delivered to the highest possible standard and we put the customer at the forefront of everything we do. By working for us you will become part of the team and will play your part in serving our community.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Home Improvement Officer to be part of the HEART service, an innovative partnership between Warwickshire Councils. The service provides a range of disabled adaptations and housing solutions for older people, disabled adults and children delivering extensions, conversions and small scale works.
As the Senior Home Improvement Officer, you will manage a team of technical staff responsible for managing the work specification, performance, service and quality delivered by partner contractors. Your team will ensure consistent high quality technical guidance and advice are provided to colleagues and lead in delivering home improvements grants throughout Warwickshire ensuring safe housing for residents.
We are looking for a positive, adaptable and motivated person who wants to help move our service forward and is continually seeking to improve customer service.
The successful candidate will have:
• Significant knowledge and experience in residential building surveying
• Significant experience of managing staff in a housing adaptation environment
• Strong organisational and project management skills
• The ability to manage contracts and procurement on behalf of the service
• Excellent knowledge of Health & Safety, CDM and other relevant legislation and good working practice
• Excellent written, verbal communication and numerical skills
• Good experience of supervising contractors and working with planning/building control, architects and members of the public
As an employer, Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council offers a wide range of benefits, including flexible working, Local Government Pension Scheme and generous holiday allowance.
This post is covered by the Fluency Duty, as outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers.
Please note that all applications must be received on an online application form. We do not accept CV's and do not keep CV's on file unless part of an application.
Any communication with you will be via email, so please check your email, including spam/junk folders, and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting your application.
For an informal discussion regarding the role, please contact Ravi Phull- Private Sector Housing Manager by email at firstname.lastname@example.org