L8 (£50,151) – L12 (£55,338)
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
St. Mark's Catholic Primary School
Telephone Number: 0121 357 9892
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Start Date: 01 September 2021
Governors of our happy and successful school are looking to appoint an inspirational and enthusiastic Deputy Headteacher who:
• is a practising Catholic
• can demonstrate a commitment to work with all members of our school community to provide a high quality and Catholic education for all of our children
• has the vision and experience to build on our many successes
• is passionate about teaching and learning and is an excellent classroom practitioner
• will nurture a culture of excellence and high expectations for children and staff alike
• will work closely with the Headteacher in leading the School into the next phase of its development
• is a dedicated educator with a proven track record of sustaining and improving standards of teaching and learning within the primary age range
• will be thrilled by the curiosity, energy and kindness of our children, and show a great sense of pride in their achievements
Children at St. Mark’s would like a Deputy Headteacher who:
• ‘cares about all the children in the school’
• ‘is funny, friendly, approachable and happy’
• ‘is good at teaching every subject and every class in school’
• ‘listens to us and will do lots to help us succeed’
St. Mark’s is a loving, thriving and vibrant Catholic School, with a Christ centred learning environment, where all members of the School community are encouraged to grow morally, spiritually, culturally, socially and intellectually.
With the support of an excellent and dedicated team of staff and governors, hardworking and motivated children, this represents a wonderful opportunity and challenge for an inspirational leader.
The Governing Body can offer:
• a happy School, with confident, motivated and well-behaved pupils who feel safe within their School environment and who are proud of their School
• a dedicated, hardworking staff team, committed to ensuring each child attains their individual potential
• a commitment to the professional development of all staff
• a strong partnership with our parish, our parents, other local schools, our wider community and the Local Authority
• a commitment to growing strong partnerships and collaborations through joining a family of schools in a multi academy, aligned with the Diocesan Academy strategy
Informal telephone chats are welcomed with the Headteacher and a virtual visit of the school can also be accommodated by arrangement with the Headteacher. Please contact Mrs. D. Linley on 0121 357 9892 or email – email@example.com.
Closing date for application: Tuesday 27th April 2021 at 12 Noon
To receive an application pack and further details, please contact the School by email at:
firstname.lastname@example.org. An application pack is also available on the school website – www.stmarkrc.bham.sch.uk
Application Forms should be returned for the attention of Mrs Marie Naughton, Chair of Governors to the following email address: email@example.com
Shortlisting: Wednesday 28th April 2021
Tasks and interview will be held on Thursday 6th May and Friday 7th May 2021.
St. Mark’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adhering to the Equality Act 2010.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and a declaration relating to the Childcare Disqualification Regulation (Childcare Act 2006)
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.