Reception or Key Stage 1 Teacher
3 days left
St Chad’s Catholic Primary (Sedgley) is:
- A voluntary Catholic academy that is part of the St John Bosco Catholic Academy (Dudley) together with St Joseph’s Catholic Primary in Dudley, Bishop Milner Catholic College in Dudley, St Mary’s Catholic Primary School Wednesbury and Stuart Bathurst Catholic Secondary School Wednesbury. This offers excellent opportunities for working alongside our partner schools.
- Judged as ‘Outstanding’ in our most recent RE, Collective Worship and Catholic Life Inspection (May 2016) and is a school with a very strong Catholic ethos and excellent Parish links.
- A good school that is under recent new leadership and on a journey of rapid school improvement. Our Executive Principal is a National Leader of Education and our Executive Head of School is a Specialist Leader of Education. The school is very well placed to nurture and develop teachers at the start of their careers.
- Popular and over-subscribed and has a very friendly and caring atmosphere.
- A one form entry Catholic school that serves Sedgley and beyond.
- A happy and safe environment where everyone, children and adults alike, is given the chance to flourish.
Reception or Key Stage 1 Teacher Post
Required for September 2021
Suitable for NQTs and Recently Qualified Teachers (Starting Salary M1)
Full time and Permanent
We are seeking to appoint a dedicated, caring and committed teacher with a proven record of good or better teaching. Our successful and rapidly improving school has a very strong Catholic ethos. This post is suitable for both NQTs and recently qualified teachers.
The Local Governing Body and Board of Directors are seeking to appoint a teacher who:
- Puts the children first and ensures they are safe and happy, whilst challenging them to achieve the best they possibly can.
- Can demonstrate a good ability to meet individual pupil needs by challenging and supporting pupils and responding to the unique needs of all learners, including disadvantaged pupils, high prior attainers, those with English as an additional language and pupils with special educational needs or disabilities.
- Is completely supportive of our Catholic ethos and strong links with our Parish.
- Has a proven track record of good or better performance as a primary teacher / trainee teacher.
- Is well organised, capable, hardworking and resilient. As our school has appropriately high expectations of teaching and achievement it is essential that the successful applicant can demonstrate these attributes.
- Is a good team member who will work with others, including parents and carers and also use their own initiative to help make our school even better.
The successful applicant will be required to respect, preserve and develop the quality and distinctive culture of our Catholic school and will be required to sign a Catholic Education Service contract.
A practising Catholic teacher is preferred although we warmly welcome applications from anyone prepared to wholeheartedly support our Catholic ethos. Teaching in a Catholic school requires significant extra commitment and is a serious undertaking.
St Chad’s Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will need to complete an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) criminal background check before taking up post. References will be taken up prior to interview.
This post is only suitable for teachers (including NQTs) with very recent and highly successful Primary School experience. Detailed and up to date information about our school is available on our website: www.st-chads.dudley.sch.uk
A CES application form is available to download from www.catholiceducation.org.uk Only CES forms are acceptable. Please use the teacher application form.
Email applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and postal applications sent for the attention of the school office at the main school address: St Chad’s Catholic Primary School, Catholic Lane, Sedgley, DY3 3UE.
Closing Date: Friday 23rd April 2021 at 12 noon.
Shortlisting Monday 26th April 2021.
Interviews for those successfully shortlisted Thursday / Friday 29th/30th April 2021.
N.B. We reserve the right to close this vacancy prior to the advertised date should we receive a large number of applications.
Dudley Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at http://www.dudley.gov.uk/
St Chad's Teacher Advert